Dizziness, forgetfullness, the haze that is my life
Okay so to begin I am a 21 year old female in apparent good health. I am fairly active and eat healthy, very little fast food for me. Anyways at the moment I have little stress in my life and am currently in college, exercising my brain. Usually I am a very bright student and person but lately things have not been going so well. I have been experiencing lightheadedness, forgetfullness, headaches originating both in the back left side of my head and behind my right eye(which is effected by amblyopia), losing concentration easily, and I feel like I am in a haze. This haze effects me on and off throughout my days making me feel distant from whatever I am doing. It makes it hard for my eyes to concentrate and makes it hard for me to understand what I am both reading from a textbook or hearing, not only during lectures but in every day conversations. I feel as if my thinking process has been slowed down to about 70% of its potential.

This is not a new problem for me. The dizziness comes and goes but has been doing so for about five years. Sometimes I get so lightheaded and sick feeling, often times right after standing up, that I fall to the ground, but I have never passed out. The forgetfullness and trouble recalling simple things has begun to really act up in the last year. I have also, in the last few months, begun to have trouble recalling words, both in speech and when writing.  

I have spoken with doctors in my family about the dizziness but they have not seemed concerned, mostly, I believe, because it comes and goes, only happening for about a month out of every year. But I am concerned as to whether my symptoms are going to get worse. Is this a potential vitamin deficiency or something that I could try fixing on my own or would it be suggested that I go to the doctor. And if so what kind of tests should be done.
Hi!
Dizziness with mental haze can be due to severe anemia, low blood sugars, low thyroid function, low vitamin D or B12, sleep disorders, chronic fatigue syndrome, and depression. All these possibilities should be looked into one by one.
Please consult your doctor regarding this and ask for tests to rule out these possibilities. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.