Dizziness Neck Pain following chiropractic adjustment
I found this post below and it describes EXACTLY how I am feeling. A month ago I saw a chiropractor for lower back pain and he did a twisting neck adjustment (I've never had any trouble with headaches or neck pain). Immediately I felt dizzy and haven't been the same since. I thought it was normal so I didn't say anything at the time but I ended up in the ER twice in 4 days for severe neck pain, dizziness and headache. They did xrays and ct scan and said everything was fine. I am miserable and angry that only a month ago before my chiropractor appointment I was fine in the neck area. Not sure what to do now?

-----------------------------------------------
I'm a 33 yr old female and about a year ago I started feeling extremely dizzy. I wouldn't describe it as room spinning dizzy, more like I feel like my head is in a snow globe and someone is shaking it, very spacey. The first "episode" lasted about 5-6 weeks. My doc gave me all the meds for Vertigo , they just made me extremely sleepy & groggy. I don't really take them. Blood work and a CT scan were negative. Doc called it Vertigo and that was that. The extreme dizzy sensations let up, but I never really felt normal again. I'm always in this dizzy haze, when I walk I feel like there is an amplified movement in my head , bouncing up and down. When I drive and look over my shoulder I have a slow motion sensation, like everything is slow to catch up. I do not feel nausea or like I am going to fall down. I sometimes get a feeling of passing out when I'm inside a large building but never have. In August, I woke with a bad migraine headache and the extreme dizzy was back. It lasted intensely for a week or so and then back to my daily dizzy feeling. Six weeks ago I started having bad neck pain. I do not recall a specific injury but I have been seeing a chiropractor. We reviewed the dizzy feeling that I constantly have and so far the treatments have not helped the dizzy. The sharp neck pain has let up, but I do feel an ache inside my neck that goes up to the base of my head. And 2 days ago woke with the bad migraine headache and the severe dizzy is back! Have had a headache for 4 days straight, back & sides of head mostly where it is.  Any suggestions of who/ where I should go next.

This discussion is related to Dizzy, headache, neck pain/ache.
The symptoms of neck pain, dizziness and headache may be due to an injury to the spinal nerves during the Chiropractor’s neck twisting manoeuvre. Please go for MRI of the neck and spine and consult a neurologist for diagnosis and proper treatment. Please take rest and limit your physical activity till you get a proper treatment as it may aggravate the symptoms.   Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

As a chiropractic advocate, I would suggest that you have not followed your chiropractor's care plan.  With a condition that is showing up as symptoms it has probably been there a long time.  I had severe head trauma, with concussion, and that was followed by headaches and dizziness(for years).  The symptoms slowly decreased over the years, but with the occasional flare up.  When starting chiropractic care, I was told I may experience some of the old symptoms as I was retracing through layers of health.  Sure enough, I got dizzy early on in care.  Now, 9 years later, with continual chiropractic adjustments, my neck is back to normal, my body is well.... and haven't had a headache or dizzy spell since. (i feel stronger, my immune system is stronger, and i feel well)

Healing is a process...it sounds like you didn't give chiropractic a chance.  

It is not a quick fix, it is a process....Maybe your chiro forgot to tell you that....

Chiropractic is about restoring the proper alignment of the spine (over time) and allowing the body to heal itself.  

and yes, I get my neck adjusted weekly, even though I don't feel pain....this keeps me pain free and working as well as i can

wish you all the best.....
SPARE ME A MINUTE TO READ THIS INFO AND IT MAY GIVE YOU BACK YOUR LIFE!!!!
I was a perfectly healthy on the go, stay at home mom, then in February 2010 I noticed while driving to pick up my teenagers I had neck pain and zaps in the back of my head.  They were like jolts of dizziness or unbalance and would freak me out to the point I would pull over immediately.  I tried to blow it off but it continued to happen every time I drove especially on hills and elevation changes.  Then I started to feel off balance during the day, like I was staggering like a drunk, but yet I don’t drink.  I couldn’t watch tv if there was a lot of motion on the show, simple tasks like washing dishes could jolt me.  Not vertigo, but as if I was falling. When I shopped at Meijers, the jolts would get extreme and I would be bracing myself because I felt as though I couldn’t find my foundation.  Then anxiety attacks would hit me strong.  I went to doctor after doctor, general practitioner, eye doctor, ent (had all the balance and hearing tests), neurologist (what a let down), I had brain mri, blood labs, neck catscan, eng, ekg and everything came back normal.  The doctors thought it might be anxiety.  Personally, I think that’s their way of explaining anything they can’t diagnose. The only thing that brought me relief was visiting a chiropractor.  His treatments relieved the pressure in my neck but that was only a temporary fix.  I felt like I could visit him every day.  Then a miracle happened!  I heard about visionspecialistsofbirmingham.org and finally found an answer I had been searching for ninety days later.  It’s all in the eyes.  My eyes have been uneven internally, therefore, fighting to see one image and not double vision.  The muscles straining for so long have exacerbated physical symptoms that have been unbearable.  By putting a prism into your glasses, it allows the eyes to see images the way they were intended.  I was fortunate enough to live in Michigan and sought these doctors out as soon as possible.  After many tests and measuring he equipped my glasses with prism and for the first time in three months I could walk a straight line.  Then the doctor attached a different prism and all my symptoms appeared, the severe neck pain, (where you can’t keep your hands from rubbing it), the jolts in my head, the dizziness, the anxiety.  My husband asked to give me some ibuprofen and the doctor said, “No, I’m sorry, but I need to see her at her worse in order to diagnose her.”
Shortly after, he returned to the first prism and immediately the pain and discomfort rapidly drained out of my body.  It was as though someone tapped my foot and as quick as it could travel it was gone.  Within fifteen minutes, I felt better than I had in ninety days.  I’m sold!!!  I’m eagerly awaiting to pick up my new glasses and get my life back!  Definitely go to their website and check out the testimonies.  Hope it helps.
After all my experience with chiropractors I will NEVER do it again. It has allways brought my body out of ballance and given me neck pain. If your back is not straight it is becouse it has it reasons like stress, accidents, trauma ect. Massage and streching or yoga is much better. Then if your body is ready it will come to allignment on it's own. For me I have much more joy and less pain when my back is abit twisted. Gentelness is the way and your body will cooperate :)
"retracing through layers of health"

Do you have any scientific evidence supporting this concept?  Sounds a bit like pseudo science - which is fine for a religious discussion but shouldn't play in a medical forum.
So I guess you believe the religion known as "modern medicine?"  

I would tend to agree with the comment regarding "sticking to the plan," rather than going once to the chiropractor and saying "it made me worse."  Not many people know there are over 100 techniques in chiropractic.  Maybe she did not receive a technique that suits her.  Whereas, medicine is totally predictable- drugs, drugs, drugs, then surgery.  the recommendation for a neurologist is a bad one, honestly.  Obviously the good doctor making that recommendation has never been an auto accident, then have a totally clueless neurologist try to fix him.  I have.  The neurologist only gives drugs.  Chiropractic gave me my life back.  Check out ABC technique or Pettibon.  
Hi, folks,

This thread is several years old and, rather than focusing on the original poster's question, the responses all seem to focus on the pros and cons of chiropractic.  This is off-topic and counterproductive, so we'll close this discussion now.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button near the top of this page.  Thanks!

Claire

________________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.
can you email me i have the same issue i need someone to talk to these doctors are ******** ***@****
I was looking up the website you mention but could not find it. I am in desperate need of finding a doctor who will do this but am in California. If you are still setting your doctor or have a contact, I wanted to find out a person to see out here. Let me know! Thanks!
Jade Jossen