Dizziness/Numbness

Just under 8 weeks ago, I woke up feeling dizzy and this is something that has been constant ever since. The dizziness feels like im spinning even when im not moving. I seem to lean/tilt to the left when sat down. My balance isn't too bad but it isn't what it should be. About 5 weeks after my dizziness starterd, my left cheek area started to feel slightly strange, kind of like a numbess but a feeling very similar to sunburn aswell. This sensation dissapeared but came back yesterday. My Doctor has refered me to a Nuerologist however, there is quite a long wait so I was hoping somebody could give me some help in the meantime?

Thanks!
Hi.

Do you have any other symptoms such as ear pain or hearing loss? The dizziness and balance disorder might be related to an ear condition. It might also be advisable to have an ENT examine your condition.

The facial numbness might be of neurological origin. In relation to the dizziness and balance disorder, it could also point to an underlying brain ischemic condition.

Hope this helps.
Feeling of dizziness, with numbness in left cheek area suggest some nervous pathology.
It could be due to some sensory nerve disturbance in the particular area.
Instability, loss of equilibrium with dizziness suggests some middle ear disorder.
You can check out with an ENT specialist along with Neurologist on this issue.
If you have any annoying symptoms, then probably you should visit ER.
Thanks for replying, Ive been away so sorry not answered sooner!

Its now approaching 10 weeks since this started and I'm really down about it.

I have had no ear pain or hearing loss, the dizziness showed signs of improvement last week but its come right back just as bad again now. The numbness has gone and my doctor said he doesn't think its MS as the numbness wouldn't come back in the same area?

Any more help would be appreciated,

Which doctor are you referring to?
Is it a physician, neurologist or ENT specialist?
If it is a physician then what did he say about cardiac status?
If it is a neurologist, then did he do a scan on you?
If it is ENT specialist than did he do an Audiogram on you?
Your symptomatology as of now does not sound like you are having MS.
There are definitive guidelines, on which the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis is based. There are definitive lesions (suggestive of MS) on MRI also.
Once internationally accepted criteria’s are satisfied, then diagnosis of multiple Sclerosis can be made.
I think you should consult Neurologist ASAP.
Follow the instruction of your neurologist.
Wait for the MRI report to come.
Hope this helps you.
Bye.