Dizziness after brain surgery
My 16 year old son had brain surgery on July 21. 2008. He has been discharged from the hospital on July 25, 2008.
His main complaint after the surgery is the constant dizziness he is going thru. 60% or 65% of the benign mass was removed in a 3 hour surgery performed here in Las Vegas, Sunrise Hospital. The rest of the mass was wrapped around a 'auditory nerve' and if the doctor touched it would have caused him to loose all hearing on his right side,

The reason why he has this dizziness , the imbalance he has right now (he cant walk himself anywhere, just soo dizzy) and the muffled hearing he has in his right ear is caused by the swelling on the brain. That is what the neuro surgeon has been telling us. They are the expert, I have to believe them.

How long will his dizziness be there? He will be done wit his steriod treatment by this Sunday. Will we see any improvement? When his dizziness is gone will he be able to walk with out falling over?
Hello Dear,
Dizziness,fatigue,headaches are common after a brain surgery and may take around 6 months to resolveThe patient continues to recover even years  after the surgery.You should hope for the best .
Best