Neurology Community
Dizziness,numbness, headaches
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Dizziness,numbness, headaches

Dizziness & More...Need Help!!!
4 minutes ago - 0 comments

I am a 41 year old woman, that is experiencing dizzy spells(not spinning sensation, fuzzy feeling unsteady).  First spell occurred in 2006 whild driving to work was preceeded by feeling on chest, neck and back discomfort...almost like very bad heart burn.  When driving had a sudden onset of severe dizziness, vision became black on edges...felt like I was going to pass out...called 911 and at hospital had test done...EKG, cardiac labs...nothing was positive for heart attack.  Followed up with my physician who contacted stress echo, chest x-ray, CT with contrast, ENT consult...everything negative except cerumen impaction.  The dizziness persisted for a few weeks and resolved spontaneously.  Now in 2008 have had persistent dizziness for 4 weeks...began with same feeling dizziness progressed to numbness in left chest, shoulder and upper arm...have had 2 episodes of very evere dizziness that felt like I was going to faint...if I rest symptoms subside and only have slight fuzzy feeling...with increase in activity dizziness increases, get very tired, numbness and sometimes numbness extends to left side of face.  Have had CT with/ without contrast, EKG, MRI of neck, nerve conduction studies, nerve velocity conduction test, chest x-ray, x-ray of neck.  Results showed mild herniation with nerve encraochment of C3-C4, x-ray & MRI showed shadowing at C7-T5- they thought possible arteriovenous fistula, the nerve conduction showed an abnormal SSEP on left side(not sure what that means)  Have been given, meclazine, diphenidrol, sibelium, vena(diphenhydramine), and novarium-all make me feel drowzy, sedated...still dizzy and dizziness, numbness, tiredness symptoms all increase the more I am up moving around doing things.   Have headaches that have presented after the episodes but not debilitating

It is suggested that another MRI with contrast be done...haven't had MRI of brain or upper spine.  Not sure of what to do, living in Taiwan at present and don't know what are best options for care and follow-up.  Any suggestions would be great!!!