Neurology Expert Forum
Dizzy,Neck pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dizzy,Neck pain

I wanted to ask a question about my symptoms.I have been having occaisional dizziness but a powerful dizzy spell.Afterwards I feel very ill .I pull to the left during dizziness. I feel very ill with no headache and have to lay down for awhile.I have  swelling on back of neck on right side.I have muscle spasms which radiate up into my head.Tingling occasional upper back and hands. Pulsing in my head alot but more extreme when tired.Also a racing feeling throughout my body.I have constant pain upper shoulders and middle of neck and down right side of spine which also radiates.Occasional blurring in right eye.I have been on tizandine 2ml , Vioxx 25ml and it has never caused any side effects before. At this time I have not had any tests done on spine although I have told my doctor of the symptoms.DO you have any suggestions for me.
Thankyou
Joann
I think that you should have this evaluated. I would recommend seeing a neurologist who can sort out these symptoms. You may need a MRI of the cervical spine, and possibly of the brain. You also may need to have vestibular testing. Without examining you I cannot differentiate between inner ear problems, brian disorders, or cervical spine disorders. The neurologist should be able to investigate this for you. Good luck.
I was in the gym last night, working out. At the squat rack doing squats. I was on my last set of 20. I get to 10 and I feel a bit dizzy, I stop and take a few deep breaths. work my way to 17 and got really dizy with some pain in the back of my head and neck area. I managed to rack the weight. Imediatly after the weight was off my shoulders, the pain increased. I actually went down on 1 knee. the back of my head hurt really bad. Also, vision got blured, had to close my eyes. For about 3 to 5 minutes after wards it hurt my eyes to open them, it intensified the head pain. Ears were ringing.was dizzy for about a hour after that. took me a half hour to get home and take some ibuprofin. Almost 24 hours later now, I feel ok but not 100%