Dizzy Waves
I have experienced brief waves (5-10 seconds) of dizzy spells for 5+ years.  I actually don't think of them as dizzy spells as I don't loose my balance, I can continue with any activity that I am doing.  I call them waves in my brain as that is exactly how they feel - my brain going through a wave for a couple of seconds.  I've tracked them and can find no association with light, posture, food, time of month, etc.  They occur about every 10 days or so, but are can vary widely (two in a day).  

I had a neuro exam about four years ago and the source was undertermined.  I recently had another neuro exam and an MRI & MRA as both my grandmother and aunt died of cerebral hemorrhage and an aneurysm at fairly young ages (52 & 51).  I'm 52 so am a bit more concerned.  My MRI showed narrowing in the anterior communcating artery (most likely congenital) and white spots.  I don't know if this is associated with the brain waves, but wanted to get feedback.  Other than that I am in very good health.  
Do you consume Diet products that contain Nutrasweet (aspartame)?? if so, stop immediately.. I was having some 'off balance' issues and once I read some articles relative to N, I decided to not consume any diet sodas, or any products that contained N.. within weeks I started noticing a difference...
http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html
http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm

Aspartame & the FDA claim it is safe.... that alone should convince you that it's all about MONEY!!!!!!! I don't know if you consume this product, but if you do, STOP immediately and see if you don't notice any improvement over time....