Neurology Community
Dizzy/woozy/weird head/pressure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dizzy/woozy/weird head/pressure

For some reason I think this board has gone under.  I see almost no answers by doctors and this is supposed to be where you can ask a doctor a question.  What is up?

Anyway, for about 12 weeks I have had a debilitating problem (forgot how to spell, too).  It started before that with constant mild headaches every day.  Those stopped, for the most part, and in their place is this head pressure in sinuses (CT scan of sinuses done and normal) with no other allergy like symptoms.    I also have horrible wooziness like I have taken drugs, sometimes I am outright dizzy and off balance.  This is almost 24/7.  Need I say that it is ruining my life?  My doc refuses to send me for an MRI.  Why?  I have no clue.  I am supposed to start my new job (dream job), but am quite afraid since driving is scary with this, let alone taking care of people.  I am an RN.  I have tried hormones, cutting out things, healthy eating, exercise, allergy pills, anxiety pills, chiropractic, accupuncture, and herbs.  NOTHING is touching this.  I also have neck aches which could be the cause or effect.  No doctor wants to delve deeper and I cannot understant this.  I can't even see a neurologist because they won't give you an appointment around here without a doctor telling you you need to see one.  This feels so terrible (I have very few good times) and it is my responsibility to carry insurance for my family as my hubby works at home.  Without a job, I cannot get help.  Without help, I cannot work.  Suicidal thoughts have crossed my mind because this is not going away nor showing signs of letting up and I feel pretty helpless.   I have read stories like this on the web, but alot are very old, and no one talks about being helped.  Is there anyone out there who can help at all?
Thanks for listening.
Bump.  
You should go to the hospital. I am having similar problems as you and when I went to my doctor he said that it was nothing. When I went to the hospital they sent me to a neurologist who did a ct which came back normal and an MRI which I get the results tomorrow when I see the neurologist again. If I didn't go to the hospital I wouldn't have gotten any help.
I am going through the same thing... for 5 months now.
I constantly feel high like on LSD, stinging senations, extreme fatigue and an overall sick feeling with visual snow (static).
This started right after I got a Tdap vaccine and then 18 days of antibiotics.
I am still searching for an answer as it seems to be gradually getting worse.
I am seeing an infectious disease MD soon.
I feel it is either Candida or Lyme. I will keep you updated.

PLEASE  DON'T GIVE UP HOPE ..... YOU WILL GET BETTER!!!
I went through a similar situation about 15 years ago and I did get better
although I never though I would ...... You Will Get Better!

Oh, I forgot.... find yourself another DOCTOR!
I wrote a long comment yesterday, posted it and it seems to have disappeared.  I thank you for responding.  My biggest problem is I am starting a new job tomorrow.  I need it or no insurance.  I have to choose a doctor out of a book.  Great.  Anyway, this all seemed to have started after a ton of stress, but I still think it might have something to do with a new living room set we got (smells very chemically (new word)).  Everything started around that time, and I usually feel bad after I wake up and go downstairs to read the paper.  Or worse at night while watching TV.  Interesting.  I just wish it would let up so I can hold a job!  I have worked all my life.  Hubby works at home so no insurance.  Blah.
This sounds alot like what i am going through as well. My severe migraines seem to be taking over my life, I did not have a problem setting an appointment with a neurologist but I do have a problem getting an answer to what it is that is going on. He put me on a medicine called Topamax and I took it for about 2 weeks and then started getting a tingling/Feverish sensation in my head so i decided to stop taking it and have been off of it for about 2 weeks but im still experincing the symptoms. I have no idea what to do but it is starting to ruin my life.
hi i wrote you a long comment then it disappeard ?
You say that that everything started around the time you got your new living room set.
I would suggest that you avoid that room for a whole week and see if your symptoms improve or not. I would get out and walk as fresh air and excercise will help with the stress.iIwould not watch tv or read, instead listen to music and unwind , that would help with the stress you are under. If you are not epileptic I can recommend lavender oil in your bath tub and on your pillow will help you have a restful sleep . I do not wish to sound patronising but have you had an eye test recently to rule out eye strain causing your headaches.
I think if you do this for a whole week and you see no improvement whatsoever I would go to the hospital. There is such a thing as 'sick building syndrome' and I believe it is caused by all the man made materials giving off fumes that some people are particulaly sensitive to. that may be one of the causes .
I  have in the past felt very ill from stress alone and if you could lessen this I think you might feel a bit better.
I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon. Hope some of this helps you
Well, I found out the hard way why my messages disappear.  I type, go to post and afterwards it tells me that I haven't yet signed in.   Then my long message has disappeared and I can't remember everything I've written.
I do want to thank you both for commenting.  I am trying to stay away from my sofa.  I was away most of the day and no change, but will try more.  I also saw a great doc today and he ordered an MRI, finally.  I think if I had him from the beginning, I might be farther along right now.  As it is, I feel like my life is being taken away very quickly.  I hate it.  

Also, I have read where many people have had these symptoms but no one seems to get cured.  If they do, their not telling me!

Also, any reason why doctors are no longer answering on this forum?
Thanks.
This is the patient to patient forum.  You have to post on the other "neurology and neurosurgery" forum for a physician to answer.  It's tough to get a question in.  However, I do see answered questions over here sometimes so maybe the doctors look here too now.
hi, so I am not alone. I have been suffering from similar symptoms for 2 years. I have headaches, usually start in the back neck area and goes up one side or the other, my scalp is tender,I have heaviness in my head as if it weighs more at times,I get dizzyness at times for a whole day at a time,and feel faint quite often.my neck is stiff feeing,I have quit my job because of this, I have 3 children and find it difficult to go shopping, out to eat, and simple things. I have had CAt scans,MRI stress tests, hormone level checks, been to a nerologist,had brain scans carotid artery checks, chiropractor,reiki, massage every 3 weeks,been on Amytriptyline,now 5 mg lexapro,trying to adjust my diet to organic,and vitamins, tried the gym for exercise, and I often have faint or dizzy spells and have to leave. I am 40 yrs old I weigh 128lbs 5'7.I gave up caffeine, I am lost at times, I don't know where to turn,seems like nothing works,I also have noticed one pupil dilated slightly more than the other at times,had my eyes checked and my vision hasn't changed in the last 2 yrs,any suggestions of what I am dealing with or where to turn,,I ahve been checked for perimenapause, because my sypmtoms seem worse during my period.I just want to feel normal, the dr feels I have anxiety and this is whats going on, but I am pretty layed back,and I don't expereince anxiety or panic attacks during these times,I've also had allergy testing and was getting weekly shots, no change.Feeling this way isn't normal and Its very dificult to manage everyday life. help...
Do a google search for Candida, Candidiasis see if these are your symptoms.
a good page here: http://www.afraim.com/candida.html
I started the diet taking sugar and yeast out of my diet and my symptoms
got worse. That is a good sign that it is Candida related as there are
what is called "Die-off symptoms" associated with treating Candida.
Also.......
Not only avoid the living room set cover it with something (plastic, sheets, anything)
fabrics and wood are treated with all kinds of chemicals these days.

-
Anyone ever get weird feelings in the head like electric feelings, like a quick jolt or zap - that just last for a second or two?? I don;t know if it is anxiety or now brain tumor or epilepsy. Please respond if anyone knows what I am talking about - And NO I am not nor have I ever been on meds. I hear this happens to people when they are coming off certain meds.
No, you are not alone.  It is a hard thing to live with since people can't see that you're sick nor do you have anything to tell them except you can't function.  My dizziness is almost constant.  I also have pain in the neck and stiffness.  I've tried the candida thing and it did nothing.  

Also, I have surges up into my head almost tickling sensations, or you might describe them as electric who knows anymore?  Maybe they are adrenaline surges although I really don't think anxiety is causing all of this because I am now waking up dizzy before I open my eyes.  I do seem to fair better in darker lighting.  Brighter lights make everything worse.

How are you now? Have you found any answers? I have the same exact symptoms you had/have. I also have neuropathy in my arms that is getting progressively worse. I suspect MS or a very pinched nerve.  I hope to hear from you. I would greatly appreciate any insight you've gained over the last 5 years.

p.s. It could be migraines, which have been known to cause the strange woozy feelings.