Neurology Community
Doc runs all ms tests and come back normal yet still says "possibl...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Doc runs all ms tests and come back normal yet still says "possible Ms"

as of 2 months ago i had a concussion i went to the hospital with, and had a ct scan which came back fine relating to the blow to the head that i took but the dr said there were tiny spots of demylenation on my brain which indicated possible ms (he told me at that time a 5% chance) and to check up with my family doctor so he could order a mri, i had an mri and my family dr said it wasnt conclusive so he sent me on to a neurologist which ran lumbar tap, inflamitory markers tests (ana,ss-a and ss-b &  crp), tests for lymes disease, sed rate was 5, serum protien electrophoresis,and all were normal. but he is still telling me that i may have ms even though all my tests came back normal/ Is there other tests he should run? Is only a positive MRI enough to diagnose me with MS?  I have double vision but was born with scar tissue in my right eye. and have a little bit of sensation loss in my legs only by my shin bones on the medial side of them. my left leg has 90% of feeling and my left leg has 70% of the feeling in it. that said i was an avid volleyball player in highschool and was really rough on my legs i all the time had strawberries(scrapes) on them all the time from diving on to the tile floors. and before that i was a gymnast for 5 years in which i was also very rough on my legs. Is only a positive MRI enough to diagnose me with MS? does he have enough information to diagnose me definitively now with ms and this other information?   I am supposed to go back in 6 months to have another MRI to see if i have more demylenation. what else can i do in the mean time? My husband and i do not have any kids. one doctor has said that it is highly likely to transfer to our kids and another says it increases their chance of having ms but it is like cancer if you have it in your family history it may increase but it doesnt mean you will develop it. what is your opinion on this? i am frustrated that i have to wait another 6 months for any definitive answers is there any way to help speed up a definitive answer without causeing things to be over looked?   what else could this be? is there certian diets that are good for ms? i feel like my life is on hold for a big diagnosis is there any real concern, or is this a "live life as normal" situation? what causes ms? is it hereditary?