Dopamine and Tourettes
I'm trying to understand the difference in  what the dopamine issue is between Parkinsons and Tourettes.  Would taking Carbidopa with 5-HTP help Tourettes or cause more trouble with tics?  My tics seem to be getting worse.  I feel desperate to find out why they happen and how to calm my body down.  Would appreciate any feedback and/or info.

Tourette’s syndrome is an inherited neuropsychiatric disorder which occurs in childhood. It is characterized by tics.
Both genetic and environmental factors are known to cause tourettte’s syndrome. Environmental factors, infections like streptococcal infections, autoimmune diseases and OCD are linked to tourette’s syndrome.
Treatment is basically by atypical neuroleptics like risperidal, haloperidol, antihypertensives like clonidine, and antidepressants.
Parkinsons disease on the other hand is due to degenerative disorder of the nervous system. It occurs due to insufficient production of dopamine due to degeneration of doapminergic neurons. Take care!