Neurology Community
Dots in eyes,dizzy, nausea

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dots in eyes,dizzy, nausea

Please Help,                                                                                       November 13, 2007

Recently I was diagnosed me with sleep apnea.
Please let me explain what’s happened to me. May, 15th 2007 I thought what appeared to be blood in my urine, uncontrollable bowel movement, dizzy, fatigue, I let pass till June 23,2007, I was driving my car and suddenly I blacked out, when I came to I was heading off the road. I was so shook up feeling nauseated, dry mouth, seeing rainbow colored dots in my eyes, and disoriented, shaking and sweaty I know something was wrong. I immediately went to the emergency room where there I could not speak well and had blur vision, dry mouth. The person to sign me in the ER filled out my paperwork. I could not even hold a pen. They ran all kinds of test on me but found nothing. I was told by my family Doctor to see a neurologist. I did as directed and visited a Dr. The doctor had found that I had sleep Apnea and released me to go back to work August 19th I think it was. The doctor said I was the only patient with sleep apnea to be off work for this extended amount of time. I was only back to work for several weeks then it happened again. I woke up feeling nauseated, seeing rainbow colored dots in my eyes and shaking, sweaty. Better to explain like this: Like Feeling drunk something like that. I was placed off work again from Sept 4th 2007 till this present day; I’m still off work. I now had to find a family doctor in a different area because I don’t have the funds to travel sixty miles one way. This means I now have two doctors looking to see what else could be wrong with me.
The neurologist who found the sleep apnea. My family Dr found that now I have low testosterone and thyroid and have to take medicine for that as well. Now I have a c-pap machine and meds to take. Neither doctors can find out or detect what’s wrong with me. Why I see rainbow colored dots in my eyes, feel dizzy, nauseated and sleep all the time. I have consulted this with my family Dr and he issued me Bupropion SR 150 mg tablets twice a day along with my other meds, Provigil 200 mg tablet per day, Cytomel 5 mg tablets I take two per day, Levothyroxine 0.05 mg tablets I take two per day. I also take Hyoscyamine 0125 mg before meals and bedtime, Omeprazole 20 mg capsules before breakfast. Must resent I had a EEG, ENG in November, 2007. I must also mention that over the summer I noticed both my feet swelled up really bad. I told the doctor about this and he said it was nothing to worry about. Lately my family has noticed and brought it to my attention that my moods are uncontrollable, I get upset easily, I get confused most of the time. I have gained a lot of weight here lately. I want to sleep all day. I have no self-motivation. Distance myself from others. I have been out of work for a long time now and worry about my position. When will I return back to work and not feeling any better but worse will my job last. The neurologist Dr is stumped about all this because he said neurologically I’m perfectly healthy. My Family Dr says to continue with the testosterone treatment and my other meds and maybe I will notice a difference. The truth is I’m scared because I don’t feel any better. I want to return back to work so bad but feel unable to perform the task they will ask of me. Why the rainbow colored dots in my eyes, blur vision, nausea, sleep all the time, lack of energy, shaking, sweaty, moody. I know my body and how it should feel and I don’t feel right. Thanks for taking the time to read this and maybe you can help. Maybe someone out there has experienced the same symptoms and can help me.
Tags: eyes, dizzy, nausea
I'm not sure I can help much, but I'm sort of in the same boat!!!  I'm going through the same situation now, only they haven't started me on all the meds yet. I'm still going through all the testing!  People think I'm nuts when I tell them I can just be sitting there all fine and all the sudden I get completely "drunk" for lack of a better word.  I can't move, my head, arms, and legs get heavy, my speech gets slurred.  It lasts a good five to ten mins.  They haven't figured out what's wrong with me but it all started last year two days before my birthday.  I woke up seeing spots over my eyes, just like you!  Went from eye dr to eye dr.  After about the 12th one, they diagnosed me with pseudotumor cerebri, however, I think they're mistaken.  At any rate, I really hope you get this message!  We have alot more in common! Same chat name at ya hoo.