Dr. respond--PET SCAN results
I recently had a PET scan of the brain and the results were "abnormal for a 27-yr old" "diminished blood flow to the parietal lobe, left greater than right"  I can't get any answers about what diagnosis if any this could be, causes or treatments.  Any help interpreting PET scans please!
Hi.

It would be helpful if you told us why the PET scan was done in your case.  Did you have any significant symptoms which a PET scan could shed light on?

Aside from a finding of less blood flow to on your left parietal lobe, nothing else can be assumed from your findings.
The importance in the findings is not the fact that the left lobe has greater blood flow loss than the right...it is that the findings concluded:
"abnormal diminished blood flow to the parietal lobe for a person of my age."  

I am having motor skill problems..memory recall, speech pronunciation, poor concentration, extreme fatigue, lethargy, all leading to an inability to carry on a conversation.  

I am also having tingling in my head and face.  

After having the PET, upon request of the radiologist, I had an MRI of the brain which came back negative.  

I've been told by my doctor that the MRI rules out a lot of disorders, but she does not know anymore information.  

The MRI results have not eased my concern and I am still having symptoms.