Dull pain left are and left hand slight numbness
Background - I'm a 54 y/o man.  Very active, mountain biking, dirt bke riding & racing.  Slightly overweight 5'9' and 195 lbs.(in shape normal weight is around 180lbs).   I used to lift weight quite a bit , but not much lately. Starting on the P90X exercise program (last week) to get back in shape and lose a few pounds.

My issue is that for the past several months I had a dull pain in my arm pit.  With this pain I have noticed a slight tingling of my right hand and find it difficult to sleep without having my arm getting numb.  

Whet dirtbike riding yesterday and everything was fine , but today I have a constant dull pain in my left arm pit and slight numbness in right hand all day.  I lay down and my entire arm gets numb and I need to move it around to get it feeling normal again.  Seems like I am cutting off circulation in my left arm somehow.  Just typing gets my hand numb.

As a note about two years ago I was diagnosed with deep vein thombosis in my left calf.  Was treated with cumidin.
Still hava a slight dull pain behind my left knee cap.  Doctor believes it from my dirt biking (prussure from the jump landings).  

Correction Slight tingling & numbness is in my left hand not right hand.  Everything on that side of my body is fine.