Neurology Community
Dural calcifications

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Dural calcifications

My head CT report from 2007 states that I have "dural calcifications in the high parietal region and within the interhemispheric fissure anteriorly and superiorly."  I am an xray tech and came upon this report accidentally when looking for another imaging report of mine. Since my physician never addressed the results of the scan with me, I assumed there was nothing for concern. My question--are dural calcifications normal?
Hi there.

Dural calcifications are non-specific findings on the brain, meaning it may not pinpoint to anything when incidentally found on scans.  There is a difference of course, if these findings coincide with symptoms pertaining to the brain, spine, or other neurologic symptoms, then it will be up to the doctor to judge if these calcifications may be causing or explaining the symptoms.  For a person who is not feeling anything unusual, these calcifications may have to be monitored at the very least.  I suggest you discuss options with the radiologist doctor or a neurologist.  Regards.