Dyspraxia
I have been to a neurologist (6 days ago) about my balance. My mums a physiotherapist and always assumed I had dyspraxia which she only told me about last year (Im 18). I didnt expect anything scary from the hospital, but I go in and do the tests and everything and the doctor says he wants to "rule out" friedrich's ataxia and vitamin e deficiency! Im not fussed about the vitamin e as obviously that is easy to rectify, but Im driving myself crazy thinking I have a degenerative ataxia, he specifically mentioned Friedrich's but theres so many other scary kinds. The occupational health dr I saw earlier said my nerves were not sending muscles messages properly, and that it was to do with my poterior column, which my mum just told me is to do with the cerebellum, and there is spinocerebellar ataxia I think that is just as bad as Friedrich's.
Is there any reassurance anyone can give that its probably nothing that bad? by bad I mean degenerative, I dont want to end up in a wheelchair, incapaciated then in an early grave.
I looked up symptoms and I dont feel tuning fork vibrations on my foot which is vit e deficiciency, so Im kind of clinging to that to mean itll be ok.
I don't know when Ill hear from the hospital but I really need to know NOW!!  I cant spend weeks especially over christmas thinking the worst which is natural in these situations
Could you please describe your symptoms in detail?