Neurology Expert Forum
EEG results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

EEG results

My last month's EEG results say that I have slowing of delta waves at the location of my fibrous dysplasia.  It's a 4 cm lesion located at my frontal lobe and there is some brain compression.  Otherwise, my brain MRI and MRA are normal.  

Would you be inclined to this that this explains my constant feeling of being in a "dreamlike" and highly anxious state of mind?    

I also experience a constant dull headache (usually non specific but occasionally I feel it at the exact location of the lesion).  

Basically my main question is would you be inclined to think that the brain compression and slowing of Delta waves is causing my "dreamlike" and anxious state of mind, or do you think it's more likely a psychological result of constant pain?    Or could it be something totally different?  

thanks!
Focal slowing (in one area of the brain) in an EEG may suggest that there is an underlying dysfunction or structural lesion in that area, but more specific conclusions cannot be made.

The result/tracings of the EEG need to be correalted with your clinical history in order to interpret them fully.
I do know that Delta waves are the "sleep waves", which seems that it would connect to  so I also am interested in the doctors response on this one