Neurology Community
EMG Test False Negative?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

EMG Test False Negative?

I recently had an EMG/ Nerve conduction test done. Background: I have had two lower back L4/L5 L5/L6 starting in 1997. Thru the years the numbness and weakness in my RT leg has increased. I have had other test about every 3 or 4 years since and they have all showed normal nerve conduction and EMG... During this last test the Dr. stated that the nerve test again was normal however when he did the muscle test he was amazed that I had little to no feeling in my RT leg and can barely move it. He also was unable to get any readings however once I received his report in the mail he stated that both test were completely normal ?? The only conclusion is that he is unable to explain the results and is lying  ... So can anyone explain this unbelievable report?