Neurology Expert Forum
EMG

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

EMG

I suddenly discovered wastage of my left calf muscle about 1 + years ago.
Am 39 years old.
I saw a doctor who asked me to do an EMG test but there seem not to be any Lab. in Nigeria that does such test.
Please help.
Aham Godwin Ibegbu.
Tags: EMG
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Have you seen a neurologist? Do you have family history of muscle wasting?

I would suggest you follow up with a neurologist. He/she may decide to perform additional testing depending on the examination. An EMG may not be necessary. I would recommend you having your CK levels checked in your blood as a starting point.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.