Neurology Community
Ear Pressure

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ear Pressure

Work at computer all day....started having issues with blurriness....then head fills with pressure and makes me feel like I want to pop my ears.....been dealing with this for over a month now....in 1990 I had brain aneurysm and also had shunt put in right cavity of brain....CT scan shows clear except it says that the right cavity is smaller than the left cavity....so I just had a spinal tap and the pressure showed normal and so did all the cultures, etc...I have neck and back issues as well, but most of the time if I stay "down", I'm okay....the more I'm up and about, then the more neck and back issues and the more I walk, the more pressure in my ears.

Most times I think it's a pinched nerve in the neck area, but not sure why the pressure in my head comes when walking....I have found that when wearing a back brace and some kind of brace around my neck, that helps....but like right now sitting at computer for long time my neck gets really tired and I need to go relax it.

They're going to try and get a CT scan now of my neck and spine.....and then possibly see ENT....does anyone have any other ideas?

Penny

I have got similar problems as you and it has been happening for about a month or just over now.  I work with computers all day.  I have blurriness since all the symptoms started happening.  I feel I have slight pressure in my head especially near the back of my left ear.  I do need to often pop my ears to ease the pain slightly.  I do feel much better if I lay down.  I feel slight stiffness in the neck.

I went to an ENT yesterday and they could not determine if I had an infection in the ear.  They assumed it maybe an infection which will pass by over several months!  I have ceased driving because of the blurriness and light headedness.  My ENT have referred me to do a hearing test, to see if my hearing has been affected.  If so then will need to do a full MRI.

Imaz
I too am having problems with extreme pressure in ears and pain in my head. I also have a strange smell in my nose and what feels like hot water dripping down my throat. I get no relief at all except when I lay down. It is making my neck hurt all the way down both of my shoulders. I am also experiencing numbness on my left side only. The only thing I have had done is a ct to check for sinus problems. I  have had spine surgery and I am thinking that this is a pressed nerve somewhere. I am barely able to function. I don't know if I need an ENT or a Neurologist.Also having problems with nausea and eating, have lost like 15lbs. Going on 2 months, HELP.  If anyone has any answers or thoughts please let me know. Thanks...