Neurology Community
Ear Ringing - Occiptal Neurolgia

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Ear Ringing - Occiptal Neurolgia

About a year ago, I begain to have severe headaches upon waking each morning, tingling in the arms.  I was diagnosed with Occiptal Neurolia.  I have gone through physical therapy to straighten my back, buld back and stomache muscles, etc.  My posture was poor from working at a desk all day.  At the same time, came down with siatic (sciatic) nerve problem.  In going through the physical therapy a few disks in my upper back where slighly bulging.  Today, My back is corrected, and my posture is very good.  However I still have ear ringing that comes and goes - more like a whistle sound.  Sometimes the right, sometimes the left ear, sometimes both ears.  When I take hot showers in the morning the ringing is very very faint.  If I lay on my side, the ringing increases.  I have had my hearing checked twice and had a inner ear balance test and all is fine.  My neurologist that treated me for occiptal neuroligia basically says there is not much he can do for me and that he's not sure what is going on.  

What type of specialist could I see that could help me with this.  To me it is very evidient that the cause is in my neck or upper back.  When the ringing started a year ago, it was like someone took two rubber bands and plucked them - the ringing just switched on in the middle of the day.

Thanks,
Bob