NEUROLOGY
COMMUNITY
Elbow feels bruised but no rash/mark?
by Lotus266012, Sep 06, 2013
Hi I am a 28yr old girl and I'm a recently diagnosed Hashimoto's sufferer. I currently take thyroxine at 125mcg per day for it but earlier on today I started to get an extreme sore feeling in my elbow, right over the joint. It's not red, scaly or got a rash - it looks pretty much the same as it always has. It feels as though I've bruised it or grazed it but I haven't done anything different to it. Could it be the Hashi's/hypo worsening? I'm being monitored by my doctor and he isn't expecting to see me for another couple of months, plus I'm only into my revised dose by 3 weeks.

Thanks x
Member Comments (2)
by Dr. Kokil MathurBlank, Sep 08, 2013
Hi!
The elbow pain may or may not be related to your thyroid problem. Yes, thyroid can affect a joint but usually more than one joint would be involved. Elbow pain could be due to Tennis elbow, Golfer’s elbow, cubital tunnel syndrome, bursitis or tendonitis. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. You can take a thyroid test to see if the changed medications are helping or not. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
by Lotus266012, Sep 09, 2013
Hi there,

I've not overused my arm or elbow at all and my upper arm has now swollen. I have posted another question detailing this.

Thanks for your help.