Electric feeling in leg
I have been having what feels like an electrical shocks in my lower right leg. It feels like static shock but it is under my skin. It only does it when I walk or put pressure on my leg. What could this be?

I have epilepsy and this is the first time I have experienced this type of sensation.
Thank you for your question. This electric sensation you are having can occur due to impingement, irritation or compression of nerve of thigh. Most frequently involved nerve is lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh (which is branch of femoral nerve). This condition is called meralgia paraesthetica which manifests itself as pain, tingling or burning sensation of outer thigh. It may occur due to injury to nerve either due to spinal deformity or along its path to thigh by any ligament or tendon stretch, excessive tight clothing (therefore it is also called "jeans disease"), diabetic neuropathy or damage to nerve after laparoscopic hernia repair etc. Another nerve which may cause pain in legs is sciatic nerve compression. I would advise a CT scan of spine and thigh, blood sugar levels, and EMG to check out abnormal muscle responses.  Hope this helps.

I am having a ruptured disc repaired on 4/7/15 level L4-L5.  Could this correct the problem?