Electric shock sensations in my feet
For the past month, I have been having episodes of electric shock like feeling in my left foot. It comes on sudenly without warning and last only 10-15 seconds at the most, but it is very sharp. It feels as if I am being jabbed all over my foot with needles. It affects the top and bottom of my foot.

Its only the left foot, which is weird. I am 38, otherwise healthy and fairly somewhat active.
I forgot to add that I do have Plantar Fasciitis . I have been trying to remember to do my stretches, which help. But I have had the Plantar Fasciitis for well over a year and the electrick shock stuff has only been for a month.

I was just thinking of more symptoms and the soles of my feet feel tight and tingly, which is probably the Plantar Fasciitis too, but I thought I'd throw it out there too.

Thanks again,
Jean
Anyone? Please, these "attacks" are getting more frequesnt. I am going to a Dr tomorrow but II'd like to be better prepared.
JeanD,
   Please let me know what you find out.  I have no diagnosed foot ailment, but recently began suffering electric shock feelings in either foot, varying locations under feet, on top of feet, or tips of toes.  The pain is terrible but only lasts a few seconds.  There's no rhyme or reason where or when it will strike.  I've also had a few shocks to my lower legs.
Hi, having the same symptoms as you did.  Getting them more and more frequently (daily basis). Pain is unbearable on top of foot.Said you saw a doctor; what did he say? Please let me know. Thank you.
Are you Diabetic? It's not the only reason to have Peripheral neuropathy which is what it sounds like you are experiencing.  For years it would jerk me upright,sucking air at the pain which struck and vanished.  Not all Dr.s are familiar with it,but there are good sites for information on the internet.  Just enter the name.  There are drugs to help curb the pain.  In PN the covering on the nerves is being destroyed,so not so happy nerves.
N43
See your doctor.  Don't rely on advise from those who don't really know what's going on with you.  It could be anything...Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome  Multiple Sclerosis, or maybe something else  involving the nerves.  See your doctor, and get the appropriate tests for a diagnosis.
So what happen with ur problem 5 yrs ago? I have it too and I dont want to go to the doctor cause she.might just laugh at me, but it's getting worse. I started getting them what I was afraid of something like when I was driving and thought a car was about to hit me but now it's happening very often during the day and it's becoming very uncomfortable. Do you think I do need to go see a doctor or does it go away on it's on?
You don't want to go to the Dr. because she might laugh at you?  I know you may be embarrassed visiting a Dr. about something that sounds a little weird but your Dr. will not laugh at you.  If he/she does, you need another Dr.  Please go see your Dr. about this and make sure you do, every patient is different and each person needs to be seen by someone in person.  Take care of yourself and get in there.
anybody ever have electric shoot your toes, feet are always cold, they always feel tingly and numb, I'm diabetic too please help me
I found this late. Sorry. It sounds like Morton's Neuroma, a compressed nerve in between the metatarsal bones. Unsupported and tight fitting shoes will worsen this problem. There is no cure other than wearing custom fit orthotics and/ or proper fitted and supportive shoes. Shoes that have a stiff rocker sole will help with this as well. Avoid too high heels, too soft soles, you want to avoid putting too much pressure on the ball of your foot, thats why the stiff rocker soles work well. If you are a diabetic it may be neuropathy, all the more reason to see your doc. You need to see a foot specialist or your diabetes doctor, a GP cant help you a whole lot. I know this information because I work in a specialty shoe store that has a clinic, we specialize fitting people with these types of feet.
I also have this problem in my right foot only. When I wear my Birkenstocks or hiking boots, the pain is minimal, if not none.
I hope this info helps people.
I have the electric shock sensations also.
They started a few months ago in my right foot ( heel).  I could not flex my foot without it feeling like my Achilles tendon was ripping from my heel. This eventually went away and the shocks began. It felt like a shock that was very localized in the bottom of my heel ( like I stepped on a nail). It was very painful but only lasted a few seconds. Later it went to my left foot so I thought it may be lower lumbar nerve involvement. I notice when I sit in my recliner it is more frequent. I mentioned the symptoms to my MD and she had a dumbfounded look on her face. I am curious how you are doing now or if you ever got a diagnosis.
I have the shocks in my toes and feet.  That  brought me  to do the search.   I  can not lie down at all.  I have  huge thyroid tumors.  I sleep in a recliner but usually  elevate my feet on an oversized gym ball.  
I hope the recliner  is not agrivating  it but is co-incidental, or I am  shot !    They can not operate on my thyroid, they tell me.
Does anyone  also have tinea or  nail fungus at the same time  for no explainable reason?  
Yes I am a lumba  person,   hates  standing,  walking is misery,    usually  burning feet 24 hours, and a host of other things.

Wouldn't you think  some medical researcher would like to know us and  get to the bottom of these weird things?
Did u ever find what it is?/
I just started getting a sharp shock in the bottom of my foot.. I thought I stepped on a nail but it keeps happening now while I am sitting?
It sure hurts but only lasts for seconds but it keeps happening every few minutes now?
START TAKING VITAM D.  YOU SHOULD BE OK IN SEVEN DAYS
I totally have this!!  I sleep on the couch, (because of my boyfriends snoring), and I put the laptop, under a pillow, and sleep with my feet on the pillow..... I swear it is getting better after a week of not doing it....... we will see
     You mentioned about doctors wanting to know us.....well that would mean more work for them....don't you think? lol.  Well I hope you are doing better. I suffer from a multiple of problems and I wish the doctors would do something for me too! I had a 2 level disectomy and fusion in my neck in 2014 and had two lower back surgeries this past May. I am better with some things, worse in others. Maybe someday we will get the help we need!! Good Luck!!
This shock /tingling sensation just started tonight in my left foot...doesn't feel like stepping on anything just a dull shock like a thrill...I say thrill because I have a fistula in my arm.....I emailed my Endo Dr.....I do wear high heels on Sunday from time to time...been lowering them the last few Sunday's though...I sing on the praise team...I am volunteering at a Donate Life event tomorrow will be standing for a few hours...
Me too!  The shock feeling builds and then WHAM!  I jump, move my foot, swear.  And then, perhaps in a second or two, or maybe in a minute, the shock builds again.  This usually starts late at night or early in the morning, and in a few hours, it stops.  But this episode - the first in quite some time - began two nights ago and has continued, day and night, since.  My doctor prescribed Lyrica, but here I am.  I am "borderline" diabetic, says the same doctor.  HAS ANYONE GOTTEN ANY ANSWERS?
I forgot to mention that the shocks can be on either foot, although usually not both at once.  It's generally concentrated in the great and second toes.