Neurology Community
Electrical Jolts in my Neck/Nerve

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Electrical Jolts in my Neck/Nerve

Driving home this evening I got these sharp electrical jolts/volts charging through my neck nerves/veins.  OMG, it was awful.  But it was only on the lift side of my neck.  It lasted about 3 minutes of pulsing electrical jolts.  Really bizarre.  What was that?  Please advise and thank you.  This is the first time anything like this has ever happen to me.  

Thank you
It may be a pinched nerve.  I have had that and my gosh the pain.  It will eventually go away, put if not I would go get it checked it.  

How are you?
These symptoms could be due to a pinched nerve as mentioned or can also be due to peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or B12 deficiency. Other possibilities include bad neck posture while sitting; sleep deprivation, excessive fatigue and anxiety.
Please relax and do some neck exercises and take a multivitamin supplement. Take care!