Neurology Community
Entrapment?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Entrapment?

I am a 53 yr old male experiencing episodic sharp pains that seem to come from a small spot in the abdominal wall just inside and below the ilieac crest.

From what little I can gather on the Internet, my pain is consistent with abdominal cutaneous nerve entrapment. However I have not been able to determine whether the sporadic and episodic nature of the pain is consistent with this diagnosis. I often get one sharp breathtaking stab in a day. I may go for days with no symptoms, then have a day of frequent twinges. The pain has a twangy, funny-bone quality.

This has been going on for three months. There is no history of surgery or injury. I have had a CT scan and ultrasound which reveal nothing.

It’s hard to get the doctors to take this hypothesis seriously. Am I barking up the wrong tree?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
368886_tn?1278962315
Hello.

Have you consulted a Gastroenterologist and/or a Nephrologist. I am not quite sure if this is a neurological problem.

On the other hand, neurological entrapment can have sporadic symptoms. And if you have this catching pain, it could be one of your back muscles also. I don't doubt your symptoms, but I am just wondering if it could be something non neurological.

Regards
Blank
Thanks for your reply.

The CT scan did not reveal any kidney stones. There is no pain on urination. My gut seems to be functioning totally normally. The location, at the top of the inguinal ligament, is so close to the pelvis that they checked me for bone cancer. It feels close to the surface. I can put a finger right on the spot.

I appreciate all suggestions.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank