Neurology Community
Equlibrium

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Equlibrium

I feel off balance and actually some movements where I feel like I going to fall, or I look like I am drunk weaving.  Also that back of my head has been itching for quite sometime now.  There is nothing on my scalp where it itches.  I do suffer from recurrent ear infections and have drops that clears it up.  I had bone cancer and have been in remission since 1989 (synovial sarcoma).  I had a heart abalation done about 5 years ago.  Any helpful information is appreciated
I have been off balance since shortly after my second laminectomy on Jan 11, 2005.  Went back to surgeon summer 2006. She check new MRI and said "I don't see anything". and that was it......Past 7 years saw about 6 neurologist and 1 ortho doctor.  No answers.  Next to last doctor said 'no' indication of Parkinsons. Last neurologist decided I have 'mild' Parkinson ???  Figure it out.  Other then imbalance no other symptoms of Parkinson.  I feel drunk. Between the eyes is dizziness and pressure over the eyes. On and off double vision. No balance. Have to use cane past 4 years. There is no pain.  To date never received an answer to the drunkenness problem. And, no alcohol usage. New balance doctor to be seen 6 June 13........after that nothing.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Dizziness can have different sensations.  If your dizziness feels like you are spinning or the room is spinning (and especially if associated with nausea or vomiting), this might be due to an inner ear problem. It could also be due to a middle ear infection. I would recommend that you contact your primary care physician.  He or she might refer you to an ENT for further evaluation and treatment.  I would strongly caution you not to drive or operate heavy machinery while dizzy as you might injure yourself or others.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.