Neurology Community
Experiencing nerve and muscle pain?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Experiencing nerve and muscle pain?

A couple of months ago, I started feeling certain areas on my legs and arms that were highly sensitive to touch. When I touched the area, it felt like a sunburn. There is no visible mark. No swelling, or redness. My family thinks I'm insane when I tell them! Even putting my clothes on would make me flinch. These sensitive spots only lasted for a couple of hours. Also, on a daily basis, if I poke somewhere on my legs or lightly bump it against something, the reaction is very strong. It's not in my head. I should not be doubling over in pain over a poke. The pain last for about 10 seconds.

Not sure if this is also relevant, but every couple of weeks, the inside of my left forearm swells up and is very painful. It feels as if there is a muscle tightening? It is warm to touch and there is a visible "bump" and it feels very deep rooted. I was wondering if these could be connected.

I am a 18 year old girl, and I feel that I am way too young to be experiencing such excruciating symptoms.