Extreme dizziness
  I am having dizziness to the point that I am afraid to drive and walk around like a drunk person at times.My Doctor has tried pills for vertigo,blood pressure and sinus infection and nothing has worked. A little or no headache. Last month I had 2 large kidney stones in my only working kidney. This sent me into renal failure for about 2 weeks.After 2 operations this was corrected and I now have proper kidney function.The dizziness started about two weeks before my kidney problems and is still a problem.Due to not having insurance and a large medical bill I am not able to have a series of test to find the problem .Any suggestions would be very helpful.  Thank you very much.
Hi there. There are numerous causes of dizziness arising from all the organ systems like high and low blood pressure, heart attack, arrhythmias and cardiomyopathy, brain diseases like stroke, tumor, headache, migraines and hyperventilation, confused mental state due to medications, drugs or alcohol,  medications like blood pressure meds, sedatives, some antibiotics and most important, dehydration, blood electrolyte changes, hypoxia, hypoglycemia etc. Neuropathy due to diabetes, orthostatic hypotension due to aging, anemia and infection can all cause this symptom. You will need a detailed evaluation including electrolytes, and renal function tests since you had post renal failure due to obstruction. Hope this will help. Take care.