Extreme head aches with cervical vertebrae fracture
9 days ago, my dad passed out, fell, and hit his head. He had 2 fractures in his neck and two bleeds on his brain. He spent 2 nights in the hospital wearing a C-collar. They did several CT scans that showed the bleeding hadn't gotten worse. He was released from the hospital and felt pretty good considering. That night however, he started getting EXTREME headaches that were so bad he would throw up. The next day, the same thing. He returned to the hospital on day 6 for an MRI. The MRI showed that the bleeding has stopped. He isn't wearing the C-collar anymore. Instead, he wears a soft collar (most of the time). Now 9 days after the fall, the headaches are just as intense, if not more so. He has excruciating pain in his legs when his head hurts. And when I say his head HURTS, it's nothing like a regular headache/migraine. It's HORRIBLE. He hasn't been able to get up from bed. He lays on his back all day with the lights off. He cannot be by himself. My family tries to convince him to go back to the hospital, but he keeps saying he wants to wait a few more days to see if it gets better.

IS THIS NORMAL? DOES HE NEED TO BE AT A HOSPITAL?
How is your Dad? If the severe headaches persisted for several days, it is best that he see his doctor for proper evaluation. The headache could be due to post traumatic headaches or from other neurological issues that warrant further evaluation. Complete neurological examination as well as additional diagnostic tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.