Neurology Expert Forum
Extreme leg cramping and twitching
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Extreme leg cramping and twitching

I am a 39 yr old female, for the past 3 months I have had leg cramping in both legs and feet, tingling, twitching and vibrating.  Some lower back pain - mild.  I had MRI of the whole spine -some bulging discs w/out pressing on nerves. I am having MRI of my brain tonight.  I had a EMG and it showed mild sensory damage - she had a hard time with my right calf it would not respond to the shocks so she tried my right arm and it did.   All blood tests they did  look good (one was B12 one was potassium - don't know the rest of them) - borderline on Lyme test and they will repeat it - I don't go in the woods and have never been bitten that I know - never had a rash. My symptoms are getting worse the past two days they've spread up to my groin/buttocks area - constant vibrating.  I am scared - don't know what is wrong. I was a healthy active person and then one day my feet hurt and it has been working it's way up me and now is progressing further. I live in the sticks with small hospitals. I have an appt. at your Clinic - you're 550 miles from me, but I can't  get an appt.  until January becasue there was none available.  I just don't know if I can physically hold out, my symptoms are worse every day and my muscles look as if they are shrinking.  One weird thing I have had is a slightly elevated AST for the past few years - they checked out everything in my liver and found nothing and assume it is from muscle/skeletal do you think it could be connected?  Thanks -