Eye pain after concussion
I was hit in the forehead by a soccer ball 2 months ago. I have post concussion syndrome and I been having pressure above my eye that is painful at times and with pain in my eyeball. Also I have blurry and double vision mainly in the same eye, but sometimes in both eyes. There is a lump above the same eye and when the pain starts my head feels like it is pulsating where the lump is. I went to a neurologist and he acted like this was no big deal. He sent me back to work before I even had an MRI done, although he is supposed to schedule one. Should I be worried about this lump and the eye pain? I have thought about going to the ER when the pain gets bad in my eye, I am not sure what to do and this doctor doesn't seem to care about my symptoms.
Hi there!

If your neurologist didn’t feel that this should be something worrisome, it is unlikely to be so. Your eye symptoms could be due to local issues in the eye such as infections/ inflammations, increased pressure etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an ophthalmologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!