Neurology Community
FLUT SHOT> 2 months> Shoulder Nerve Pain STILL
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

FLUT SHOT> 2 months> Shoulder Nerve Pain STILL

First off, I want to thank you in advance & ANY advice would help me...I don't have insurance and that is why I am unable to see a physician/neurologist.

I am an intern at a hospital and signed a disclosure to receive the Flu Shot(w/H1N1).  I received the injection in my right deltoid(near the intertubercular groove of my humerus) about 2 months ago.  I never got the "flu" or sick from the injection, although I felt soreness the first week.  After that, the pain developed into almost a Nerve pain when I lift my arm all the way up to the ceiling or flex my deltoid.  It feels like when I move my arm up and inward, there is a great deal of pain.  

I don't know what to do and I am scared that I will have permanent nerve damage or end up paralyzed?  What is possible and what is not?  I tried consulting the hospital/nurse that injected me and they said that I signed a disclosure and pretty much could care less.  Recently, I've been working it out while I experience horrible pain doing so in hopes that it will possibly help.  When I press on the area of the injection towards the outside(twds scapula) of my deltoid, I can feel pain as well.  

Please advise....is this serious and what should be my next step?  I am very concerned.  Thank you.