Neurology Community
Face pain /TN

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Face pain /TN

38 year old female diagnosed with TN just last week.  I have my MRI Monday (freaking out a little).
I have been reading so many posts on other web sites that a person of my age typically has MS along with TN.  I am just looking to hear from others who suffer from TN- what meds?  any suggestions for me- I am still trying to deal with the diagnosis.  Although after being mis diagnosed for 10 weeks I am happy to finally know whats going on.
thanks:)
Jill
I feel for you having tn pain.  I have had tn for about 7 yrs wow to say put it in words is something.  I don't talk about my TN because no one I know has ever had it.  I have schocks that go in my eye, nose, jaw, forehead and lips.  My dentist knew right away what I had my family doctor thought it was from my jaws well when you describe the schocking pain most doctors know.  Enough of that some meds that I was on Tegretol is one of the drugs they use for TN I can't take the medications they give for TN,  My first procedure was a alcohol/glycerin injection done at Charolette VA this didn't help so I was seen at the Mayo Clinic and had a MVD surgery.  This surgery has left me with a lot of neuro pain and my TN has come back.  Don't get discouraged they have new medicines out and more procedures they do. The internet is a wonderful way to study up on TN it is a dreadful disease and I won't lie to you it hurts like nothing else a person should have to experience.  My prayers will be with you as you take your next journey.  Knowing what is wrong is the key element...now it's time to research so when the doctors talk to you about different procedures you will be informed.  My prayers go out to you and your family.  Good luck and I'm here if you need to talk. Dee