Neurology Community
Facial Swelling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Facial Swelling

On two separate occasions I have now had during the night a facial swelling appear only to disappear within 8 hours.  The swelling has centred around my mouth although I have no ulcer or abcess (abscess).  I start to feel as if I have just had an injection at the dentist but without the numbness - I can still feel everything.  I am unable to smile properly when it happens and my face drops slightly.  The first time it occurred I was asked to go to A&E where I underwent a MRI which was normal and several blood tests.  Nothing was found and the doctors did not believe I had suffered a stroke of any kind.  This however occurred again last night at 1.15 in the morning (the previous episode happened between 5am and 7.30am) and I felt it happening.  I did not attend hospital and by the morning it was clearing.  Do you have any idea what this could be - a doctor mentioned palsy?