Neurology Expert Forum
Facial/arm numbness/dizzy/shortness of breath

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been to many specialist who all agree something is wrong but none can figure out. I'm currently awaiting the results of a Brain MRI. I was hoping that maybe here I could find someone that might be able to help me out. I have shortness of breath, sometimes it takes a minute or two to catch it, I'm dizzy off and on, at times I feel like I've taken a very strong sleeping pill and cannot stay awake, I have an achey (achy) numbness that runs down my left arm (from my armpit to the tip of my pinkie) up the left side of my neck and face. This all comes and goes daily. Sometimes the numbness lasts 1-3 days. It seems the more tired I am the worse the dizziness/shortness of breath is. If I had one or two of the above symptoms it seems that the Doctor's would have figured it out by now. It's having all of them that seem to confuse everyone. AND all this happened overnight. I was fine one day and not the next. I just want to feel normal again. I'm only 36. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Unfortunately I cannot give you a clinical diagnosis over the internet, but I can give you some pointers

the numbness running down the arm could be a radiculopathy (pinched nerve root in the neck) and an EMG could evaluate this, although if the face is involved the problem could be higher up, in the upper brainstem or higher - possibilities include demyelinating disease or focal seizure (it does not sound like a seizure though). It may be worth doing some tests to look for MS as this can cause fatigue and dizziness/off balance as well, such as MRI, spinal fluid analysis, and somatosensory evoked potentials.

If you are not sleeping well, you may have sleep apnea and his should be looked into, especially if you are overweight. This can cause daytime fatigue and sleepiness. Compression of a nerve in the left arm during sleep can also occur.
Hope fully your doctors will shed some light with the above tests
Good luck
Hi Oregon Tam,
Some of your symptoms sound very familiar to me.
I've had the shortness of breath, numbness, and a lot of dizzyness.

I went to a neurologist, but I couldn't afford all the different tests, though I did get one that showed slowing in some of my nerves.

The neurologist said that if I took B12, that I could have improvement for several years. I'd already been told by my GP to give myself B12 shots -- he prescribed the cyanocobalamin.

My neurologist also said to keep a TimeLine of the shots, my symptoms, and the results of my B12 tests.

So I did that,which was good.

The B12 made a lot of difference. So much that if you'd have told me that it would do that, I would have nodded kindly, but not believed you at all.

www.health-boundaries-bite.com/Fingernails.html
     Your fingernails reflect your health --
     Learn what warning signs to look for --
                                Karen Kline
My tongue is too far out of place making speach very difficult.  I know it OMD (oral myofunction disorder) and I know it was corrected with braces when I was 9 but now I'm 53 and I avoid speach because it is so embarassing and difficult.  What to you suggest?
A related discussion, shortnes of breath and back pain was started.
A related discussion, Very concerned was started.
A related discussion, Nitarific was started.
A related discussion, Needing aswers   was started.