Neurology Expert Forum
Facial tingling ,coldness, and headaches. Do I have brain tumor

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am 37 years female and I had no previous experience of headaches. Last month , my face started to become cold and a bit numb. I also have the feeling of tingling. some times I feel my face is wet, but it in reality is not. From 3 weeks ago, my headaches started. at first they were dull, but as time passed they became worse.Headache can be felt in all parts of my head but mostly on top of it. I also feel that my jaw muscles are weak. They are not as I felt them before. Last week a GP examined my ears and eyes and said it could not be brain tumor. But I am worried about tumor. I have also ringing ears and feeling of faint and mild dizziness. some years ago I had benigne spinal cord tumor in Lumbar area. I do not know if they are related and if I have brain tumor or not?
1 Comment
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I cannot tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

I’m sorry to hear about the headaches that you are experiencing.  The differential diagnosis of headaches is very broad, and can be divided up into primary headache disorders and secondary headache disorders.  Primary headache disorders are more commonly seen in clinical practice, and include migraine headaches, tension-type headaches, and cluster headaches, among others.  Secondary headache disorders are due to an identifiable, distinct pathologic process, which can include medication side effects, systemic illness, central nervous system infection, sleep apnea, tumors, intracerebral hemorrhage, cerebral venous thrombosis, intracranial hypotension/hypertension, etc.

The symptoms that you are experiencing are nonspecific, and thus are not helpful in determining whether a brain tumor is a possibility.  However, anytime one has headaches suddenly without a prior history, seeking a neurologist for a formal opinion is recommended.  Depending on an assessment including a comprehensive clinical history and physical exam, he or she will be able to determine if further testing, such as an MRI of the brain is necessary.

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.