Facial weakness

I haven't received any relief to my facial weakness, so I figured it wouldn't hurt going out on a limb and posting here.

For the past two years, my face has abnormally tight and weak.  Each morning and several times throughout the day, I stretch out my face (through literally putting my fingers in my mouth and stretching) to be able to communicate and express myself somewhat normally.  It's nothing debilitating, but it has affected my ability to smile and talk like I used to.  It has become extremely frustrating, especially since I am currently a business student at BYU and have many opportunities to network with professionals.  I've been to many physicians, including a Neurologist, but nothing has provided relief (except for minor relief from Ibuprofen).

The only time in the last two years that this has completely gone away was when I got a root canal a couple months ago.  I assume it was the shot of Dexamethasone and that it was close enough to the trifacial nerve to somehow make a difference (perhaps reduce some swelling in the region).  For about three days after the root canal, the weakness just dissolved away and I was finally able to truly be myself.  Unfortunately, after this effect wore off, my facial weakness returned.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Ryan