Neurology Expert Forum
Fainting While Sleeping?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Fainting While Sleeping?

The other night, I had the weirdest experience. My stomach was hurting, so I was just lying in bed, waiting to fall asleep. Then, i guess I fell asleep, as I had a dream where I felt like i was going to faint (I have occasional fainting spells, with no explanation). So, in my dream I got up and was going to tell my parents I'm about to faint, when I had all the symptoms of when i faint. (Weakness, Loss of vision, "the world is spinning", dizziness, etc). I tried to yell out to my parents, but I couldn't, and i thought i was going to die, Then i woke up. I actually felt like it was real, and not a dream. And when I woke up, i had all the symptoms of when i just faint. I'm not sure where my dream started, and where real life ended. I also don't know if I actually fainted, or if it is even possible to faint while sleeping.. but it made me scared to fall back to sleep for a long time... Any advice?