Fainting from Swallowing
   A few days ago I was taking a drink of water, that was cold, not ICE cold, and suffered a spasm in my esophagus.  It is not uncommon for me to get these attacks wheather im eatting or drinking but this time it was much worse.  I took a deep breath from the pain and then fainted out cold.  I woke up seconds later with a gash on my chin that needed 9 stiches.  At the ER they took x-rays, blood and an EKG which was all normal they said.  They also asked me if my heart ever skips beats and come to think of it it does.  I am an otherwise healthy and active 21year old female.  Last year I did suffer from chronic tonsilitis and had them removed.  After that surgery I had problems swallowing but it wasn't getting caught in my esophagus.  
   Should I be concerned of vagus nerve difunction or a heart problem?  I looked up the syncope online and it appeared to only affect older women.  Should I look into this more?