Fall on Knee Cap
I fell directly on my right knee cap on monday,  Pain started immediatly and some swelling as well.  I also noticed that it feels like either the knee cap or behind it is poping and grinding when I walk or move it.  I had an x ray done and it was fine.  They gave me a brace, motrin and pain meds.  The brace helps b/c with it on my knee won't pop or crack.  My question is should I have any furthers tests done like an mri or are these symtoms just going to go away with time?
Thanks Kim
Hi there. You must get yourself investigated in detail by an orthopaedician for an MRI and if required an arthroscopy to visualize any ligament or menisceeal tear. These damages would be missed on an x ray.  This could be causing the click, if so would require an arthroscopic visualization and correction of anterior cruciate ligament and medial menisceal tear. Take care.