Fasting glucose test side effects?
Any insight would be appreciated! I tried looking this up all over the web and found nothing! Hoping anyone here can shed some light? Posting in all my communities...
Had to do a 2 hour fasting glucose today. Felt fine the whole 2 hours. About 4 hours later though, I was sitting in the exam room and suddenly felt faint, had really bad shakes and broke out in a sweat. Doctor told me to go over to the cafe and get something to eat - he didn't seem too concerned. Well, cafe was closed but since I was only 10 minutes from home I drove straight home and had a few pieces of salami and some colby jack and shortly after some dinner. I feel terrible! My legs don't seem to want to work right and I feel off - like my reactions and my brain are out of sync.
Is this normal? Should I be concerned? (I had to do a glucose test 16 years ago during a pregnancy and don't remember feeling this bad.)
....sorry I can only think of one thing...maybe an alergic reaction to the glucose drink itself.....I felt kinda funny after a MRI with contrast.....I would ask ur dr.....but u r right there is nothing I could find either for side effects of this testing.

I hope u feel better soon !

Godspeed
"selma"
I was thinking some kind of glycemic reaction, but again, couldn't find anything. My grandmother was diabetic, and my mom's sister has it. There is a chance I'm prediabetic... heck with me anything is possible!
Will found out eventually!
Thanks dear!
D.