Neurology Community
Fatigue and lightheadedness and carotid stenosis
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fatigue and lightheadedness and carotid stenosis

History of progressive fatigue for past 5 years, now so bad that I returned to my physician.  I was treated for Depression with Wellbutrin (didn 't work) and SSRI and Adderal (didn't work either.)   Acute episodes (about 1-2 X's per year) accompanied by extreme bad breath and incapacitating fatigue requiring bedrest for 2-3 days.   Over the past 2 year there is an increase in fatigue and I am unable to perform dailly activities.   Light headedness has become more freqent over past 2 years and becoming more acute now, usually every day.  Have seen GP, Cardiologist and Neurologist in past 3-4 months.   Diagnosis of possible stroke 2 years ago (sudden onset numbness left arm and hand and grasping function).  Positive Babinski left foot.  All labs are normal, other than +1 ketones in urine.  Heart normal. Echo and CA++ Scan show 0% chance of cardiac event.     MRI of head/neck shows 70% occlusion right internal carotid. SPEC scan normal.  CT angiography show stenosis.
So, here's the question.  Can the level of fatigue I am experiencing be due to the carotid stenosis and yet not show any brain dysfunction on the MRI, CT or SPEC scan?