Neurology Expert Forum
Feeling fatigued

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Feeling fatigued

I have experienced over the past week pressure in my sinus area spreading to my right midback. i have headaches and i often feel very tired, dizzy, spaced out, and i cant seem to concentrate. i get lightheaded often.  i have hypoglycemia and i take different medicines that mess with my hormones. could this be a cause from all the medicine im taking or do i have a flu virus or something else?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Thanks for using the forum. I am happy to address your questions, and my answer will be based on the information you provided here. Please make sure you recognize that this forum is for educational purposes only, and it does not substitute for a formal office visit with a doctor.

Without the ability to examine and obtain a history, I can not tell you what the exact cause of the symptoms is. However I will try to provide you with some useful information.

Your symptoms are nonspecific and could be related to many possibilities. For example, these may be a migraine or migraine variant or another headache type. Infections can also cause headaches with nonspecific symptoms. Fibromyalgia is another condition that can cause body aches and many times is found in patients with chronic fatigue. Medications can cause “dizziness” as well as fluctuations in blood sugars and hormones.

These are just a few of the many etiologies that can cause the symptoms you describe. I would suggest that you follow up with your primary care physician for further recommendations and workup. It would be important to ensure that your hypoglycemia is well controlled. Fluctuations in blood sugar can present with nonspecific symptoms. Also, it may be worthwhile to have your doctor check your blood pressure in various positions (lying flat, sitting, and standing).

Thank you for this opportunity to answer your questions, I hope you find the information I have provided useful, good luck.