Feels like I'm vibrating!
I have started feeling like my body was "vibrating" - not spasms, or jerking - like there is a vibrator in my body.  Feel it most in the back, but everywhere else too.  Mostly happens when I am sleeping or relaxed - it will wake me up, but has happened once when standing. Does not hurt - just very disconcerting.  What is it?  Who do I go to for it? What words do I use to check the internet?
OMG, I at first thought I was going INSANE when I had my first vibrating sensation. I thought for sure I was going insane, and I didn't know WHAT to expect. I thought for sure it would lead to a seizure, I would black-out, or something!!

I was initially told that I was suffering from Panic Disorder/Panic Attacks. since I at first was getting the typical attacks of the heart palpitations, clenching chest wall pain, lightheadedness, and freaking out that I was going to die or have a heart attack.

So my doctor decided to try putting me on Zoloft, in the SSRI class of anti-depressants since she thought for sure it would do me wonders and eventually get rid of and eliminate my symptoms. My GP promptly wrote me a script for Zoloft at 25 MG, and told me, "take this, you will be fine and it will do you wonders!"

So I left, of course stupididly believing every word she said. I went and filled the prescription, and the next day popped my first pill...

About a few hours into taking it, I had the WORST feeling in my life (well, it only got WORSE from there). I felt severely woozy and lightheaded, and had to sit down to balance and keep myself together. It felt like the entire room was spinning, and my head just felt BLAH all together, like I was getting a head illness or something. I was in a store that day, since I assumed everything with the med. would be fine, and was getting ready to check out when it just HIT me like a ton of bricks. Now, I have had lightheaded spells TONS of times in the past as well as Panic Attacks and Chest Pains, and it was NOTHING like those I had experienced before!!

After that ONE day of taking the pill, I deviated away from taking it again! My symptoms improved, and I no longer had any more of those light headed spells after that one day..

However, as I was STILL suffering from the severe heart palps, chest pains and anxiety/panic attacks, my mother convinced me to give the med. another try, since my "sis was on an SSRI for her GAD and it was working her WONDERS." Still skeptical about taking the med., but DESPERATE to get rid of my other symptoms, I again popped the med...

Now, the first day I was fine, and this was on a Friday. I was back in the apartment with my fiancee, and it was late one Saturday night, and I was just lying in bed waiting for my man to finish getting ready for bed so I could follow up as well. I then all of a sudden felt this ELECTRICAL SURGE seem to VIBRATE throughout my head/brain, along with a ten-fold pins-and-needles feeling that surged through my head. I then felt the electrical surge feeling continue to surge through me, even going up and down my spinal cord. I PANICKED, of course, not knowing WHAT was happening to me. I started seeing blotches, and I PANICKED that I was going to pass out, have a seizure or SOMETHING!! I ran around the apartment, the feeling still going on through my head. I then tried sitting on the bed to calm myself down and regain myself, and it seemed like it started to pass. Then, I felt ANOTHER attack, worse than the first, which truly caused me to have blotchy vision and just go into utter chaos.

My fiancee drove me to the hospital in case by the time we got there my symptoms worsened or progressed. Eventually, the off-and-on symptoms DID pass, after about 45 min. to an hour of pure hell and off-and on VIBRATION FEELINGS and ELECTRICAL FEELINGS surging through my brain.

We just went back to the apartment, and I went to bed that night.

The next morning, I woke up, and probably a mix between me having the attack that night and due to the fact I didn't get much sleep, I felt completely SLOW and BLAH the entire day. I could barely bring myself to speak, I dragged myself slowly across the room, and I just overall felt like a complete pile of ****!!

I called the doctor-on-call (since it was a weekend) and told him about my horrific experience. You know what he did?? He "Poo-Pooed" me away and told me "Oh, it's not the medicine, just you. It was probably just a bad Panic Attack." I was SO mad....he also told me to "continue on the med." >:(

I continued taking the med., and that following week, on a Wednesday, I had ANOTHER milder, but more PROLONGED attack that lasted off-and-on for about 2 HOURS!! :( :( It kept me up until like 1:30 a.m., so needless to say I slept in late the next day...

The problems FINALLY seemed to dissipate, for about 2 weeks. However, after those 2 weeks were up (and I was still on the med.), I AGAIN began getting the weird head attacks!! Most were not as severe as the first, but they were still attacks nonetheless. Now, I have had Panic Attacks, and know what those were like, and sure these caused me to have Panic Attacks also, but moreso since I didn't know WHAT THE HELL was going on!!! :(

I was then getting head-related zings/buzzings/electrical sensation attacks EVERY DAY, sometimes mild and bearable and other times not.

I eventually STOPPED the med. after having it in my system for a month, but my stupid GP (she is a good doctor, but not for things like this) told me to QUIT IT COLD TURKEY. She said I should not experience too much side effects, if any.

Well, needless to say it made my head attacks TEN FOLD!! Sometimes they were mild and bearable, like before. And there were days I went without attacks. But when the bad ones struck, they left me PARALYZED in certain limbs, my head felt like it was going to go into CONVULSIONS or something, and it was just like PURE HELL!! I was completely conscious during these attacks, so you can imagine the FEAR I was under during this time.

I had an attack that was SO BAD once: I was just sitting on my computer, and then I all of a sudden felt this WEIRD sensation in my brain, particularly on my RIGHT side, and it felt like my brain/head was going to go HAYWIRE!! It physically felt like I was about to have a stroke, seizure or SOMETHING, even though I never did!! Well, of course I PANICKED, and I called the ambulance in fear it was in fact a TIA, stroke, or seizure about to happen!! I walked downstairs from my apartment, and as I stood on the stairwell by the doors to my apartment complex, I could feel my WHOLE RIGHT LEG BUCKLE UP, GO NUMB, and I COULD NOT EVEN MOVE IT!!! I was PETRIFIED!! What the HELL was going on with me?!?! :( The ambulance came, and before they came I could feel the feeling return in my right leg, it went "erect" again and I was able to regain control of it. I had to BALANCE myself by holding onto the railing of the stairs while it happened. Yet I remember every speck and detail of it perfectly...

After about a month 1/2 or so, and after starting on a mult-vitamin since I thought maybe I had some vitamin deficiencies that were attributing to my problems, my problems not only began to dissipate, but the head zings almost vanished COMPLETELY!! I still get the dizziness/lightheadedness and my head will feel quooky/odd still at times during some of my Panic Attacks, yet NOTHING like I had to endure before!! And sure, I still get heart palps and anxiety, but NOTHING like the torment and torture I had to go through getting ON and then OFF the Zoloft!!!

I am now seeing a Psychiatrist, who prescribed me with Lorazepam and also prescribed me with Lexapro, even though I TOLD him about my reaction to Zoloft. He was STILL convinced, however, that it was just Zoloft and that another SSRI should do the trick. Well guess what happened???

I took it on a Saturday, and for most of the day I was fine (aside from feeling a little tired). I thought maybe I was HOME-FREE and found a med. that would work GREAT!! I took it at NOON along with the Lorazepam, which I take 2-3 times daily. After 6 HOURS of the med. being in my system (Lexapro), I got ANOTHER head-related attack of the electrical vibrations, ten-fold pins and needles feeling, and getting sweaty and clammy, then cold. I immediately called my doctor, and STOPPED taking the med from there on out.

I am still taking another med., Lorazepam, for the panic attacks, but I still get the head zings and vibrations occassionally still (perhaps as a reaction to having the Lexapro in my sys. for that one day???).

I mean, my doctors assumed it was part of my Panic Attacks, but how could it make my LIMBS GO NUMB like that and UNABLE TO MOVE, let alone those painful electrical surge feelings I used to always get.

Anyone else have any advice/ideas as to what we could all be??
OH MY LORD!  PLEEEEEEEEASE tell me A MULTITUDE of PHYSICIANS will look at this very long thread!
MY Sister has been suffering with the SAME EXACT "vibrational" feelings and "buzzing" feelings in her entire body for over 2 years now.  She's been (just like it seems all of you have) to FOUR Neurologists, probably just as many Ortho. Docs. and is getting NOWHERE!  All her Neuro tests, MRI's, etc, etc, are NORMAL!  She has (and tomorrow, I'll get her on here to more accurately describe this part) a definitive diagnosis (PARTIAL), a "kink" in her cervical spine that is so severe she is facing a possible surgery that will leave her with no head mobility.  She is A YOUNG, BEAUTIFUL, ENERGETIC, "HEALTHY", THIN, ATHLETIC, HAPPY, FIRECRACKIN' 44 YEAR OLD MOTHER WITH THREE BEAUTIFUL " BABIES" to raise: 14, 9, 3.  .she can NOT leave herself in the condition this surgery is definitely going to leave her in . .and they STILL CAN'T TELL HER IF THAT'S WHY SHE'S "BUZZING". . OH my God, I can't believe these countless posts all stating such similar symptoms and I am sick for her (and for ALL of you) that NOONE is seemingly getting anywhere?  Oh yes, ALSO, no MS, No Lyme Disease. . . etc, etc, then WHAT???

Is anyone from the CT area?  Do we need to form some kind of "grass roots" movement to awaken the Medical Community to WHATEVER is causing this.  She is NOT depressed, she is NOT anxious and trust me, if she thought that was what it was. .  she would have NO problem saying so . .she is NONE of those and won't "cop" to any disorder that she doesn't have to in order to get some Doctor's attention.

It would be my GREATEST JOY in life to give her this GIFT, to try to help her find an answer. . I'll take her ANYWHERE?  Is the Cleveland Clinic "the" place for "hard to diagnose" disorders?  Does ayone know?  Oh God, My heart bleeds for her all day, every day (and now for all of you). .

THERE HAS GOT TO BE SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP US????????

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE
BARB
Here's some food for thought. Your vibrating problems and other unexplained symptoms could be the result of a release of energy that goes through the spine called Kundalini. When Kundalini releases it causes a lot of perplexing problems. You don't need to be a Yogi or on a particular spiritual path for it to happen. You may be awakening to a higher aspect of yourself and it causes a little energy storm within yourself. For further symptoms of Kundalini check this website. http://www.lycaeum.org/altered/kundalin/kundsymp%7F.htm
I am sorry, but I really don't believe something so horrid to be a spiritual or out-of-body experience or message from the Lord.

I have had very "enlightening" moments, but it is NOT a result of this physical torture that I must endure. That only occurs when I am in deep meditation or thought, then the Lord makes things clear to me as to why I am suffering through this torment day in and day out. He helps to put my mind at ease, but he CERTAINLY isn't causing the symptoms I am experiencing.

Through my meditation, I have learned that in all reality I was just through the years doing it to myself. I always struggled to work hard, and at the same time I was a bad procrastinator and stayed up late at nights, and over time my body and mind could only handle SO much stress and tortue, so it is more of a rebound effect. God has shown this to me, but he certainly wouldn't cause such a horrific experience or infliction upon me. That is just blasphemy and ignorance, my friend.

What I have DOES have a diagnosis: I have Panic Disorder, or Anxiety with Panic Attacks. My chemical levels in the brain are out of wack, and the brain is unable to compensate and unable to control those particular chemicals which focus on the autonomic nervous system and regulating anxiety and panic. In normal situations, when you are at ease your anxiety and chemical levels in your brain SHOULD be low, yet in a person suffering from anxiety and panic problems, the levels are at a constant flux or constant high (depending on the situation). It thus causes the body to physically and mentally react when the levels get "high" and the brain is unable to control the functioning of these imbalanced chemicals. So, panic hits, as well as all the physical symptoms to boot.

Instead, I'd recommend taking a look at this site. It lists EVERY possible symptom for anxiety and panic attacks, and most I myself have experienced AND more which to me should be listed. Yet I have had EVERY test possible, and all came back fine.

I want you all to check this out, especially if you all too had every test in the book, bloodwork and all to boot, and let me know if any of this sounds like you:

www.anxietycentre.com

Please, all of you check it out.

Also, the cause of my mind jolts/vibrations proved to be for me a reaction to the Serotonin in the SSRI's that I was given for my anxiety/panic disorder. Anti-Depressants can do a LOT to the mind, and I wish doctors wouldn't continue to prescribe it as a cure-all.

However, anxiety and panic attacks too can cause tingling, numbness, as well as all sorts of sensations. After I stopped the Zoloft, it just became part of my Panic Attacks, because your mind becomes TRAINED to reacting that way when a Panic Attack hits!!! The mind can do a LOT more than you think.

PLEASE check out that site all. I am hoping for some of you it will do you wonders and provide some relief.

~Crystal
I get the internal vibration too. All the sensory stuff and slowness and tightening feeling on the left side. Still no dx either. Chris
I agree with dragon.
I have alot of weird symptoms that have been diagnosed as generalized anxiety disorder(GAD).  Internal shaking, neck pain, lightheaded, muscle aches etc and I honestly dont' feel anxious other then I get really scared of my symptoms!  It is a hard cycle to break...  The more you freak out about the symptoms the worse they get!  Anxiety is horrible and can do many things to you.
I really hope that you all feel better soon!
I have the exact same thing, only in my left foot.  Sometimes I can feel it in my left thigh as well.  And when it happens, I can see my muscle (I think that's what it is) tensing up and then un-tensing.  It just started happening a week ago and I've been waiting for it to go away...but it just seems to be getting worse.  I'm only sixteen and to be honest, I find this whole thing very frightening.
I am so glad I found this thread.  I have been so scared and didn't know what was going on!  I had what I thought was a seizure in my sleep last Thursday night.  I had taken Ambien to sleep after a long night of studying for a final (I am in nursing school).  I have taken Ambien for years now with no side effects, and actually recently reduced the dosage to the lowest possible.  I was still having trouble sleeping even with the Ambien, tossing and turning, feeling jitterry and itchy, etc.   I remember suddenly waking up in the middle of the night and my whole body was shaking rhythmically like it was vibrating (from head to toe) and I couldn't make it stop.  I kept trying to say "Ben, I am having a seizure" to my husband, but I all I could get out was "B-bbbben".  It lasted for about 30 more seconds, and then I was able to talk and see just fine.  At that point my heart was racing faster than it ever has before, and I was scared to death.  I got my heart rate regulated and went back to sleep.  I went to my internal medicine doctor and she is running a bunch of labs, having a CAT scan done,and sending me to a neurologist for an EEG.  Then, last night, it happened again.  It was really late when I decided I needed to take an Ambien or I was not going to be able to sleep.  I have fibromyalgia and was having a lot of pain, restless legs, etc. that were keeping me from being able to sleep.  I wasn't actually fully asleep yet when it happened this time.  My eyes popped wide open and I started yelling to my husband that it was happening again.  This time I had no problem talking or seeing and the full on convulsions didn't actually happen.  I just had this feeling wash over me and I felt dread because I knew it was about to happen again.  It felt like I was vibrating from way deep inside and it wasn't quite making it to the surface yet.  I know that is weird, but it is the best way I can describe it.  My heart was racing again and it was over very quickly.  

I am 29 years old, and have been having major medical problems since I was about 21.  I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis for seven years until I went to another rheumatologist and he said it was severe fibromyalgia.  I also had every symptom of MS right after having both of my children.  Each time I had MRI's done and nothing but a couple of dots (he said maybe from migraines) were showing up on the films.  Then about a month later the symptoms would slowly start to go away.  My blood tests have shown a positive ANA, elevated lupus titer, elevated sed rate, and high rheumatoid factor since I was 21.  I am just really finding it hard to believe that this is just fibromyalgia.  I know there have to be more people out there as frustrated as me!

FYI:  My mother has fibromyalgia and what they think is CREST Schleroderma, her brother has Chiari malformation, and there is a lot of RA, lupus, etc. in her side of the family.
I just wanted to add to my original posting that I have also been having a lot of neck and back problems.  I thought maybe I have a herniated disc in my lower back.  It causes horrible sciatic pain all the way down to my right toe.  My neck grinds every time I turn my head at all.  I have also been having mild vertigo, and headaches that I associated with needing glasses.  I saw someone else mentioned the bone spurs.  I have bone spurs on my knee, fluid on my knee, torn cartilage (which is causing bone on bone grinding) in my knee, and a recent bone scan showed that I already have osteoarthritis in hands, feet, hips, knees, etc.  I have had a lot of muscle weakness, and an itching feeling all over my body.  Tired all of the time too, and very anxious.  Add all of this to the symptoms I originally posted about, and I am falling apart!  I am only 29 and should not be feeling like this.  It would be great to have a doctor post on here about some of these symptoms.  I see people talking a lot about chiari malformation, ms, lyme disease, etc.  Is there a link?
One more P.S. (with an apology for taking three tries to post one coherent message; hypothryoidism can make a person's thinking very foggy, and I am living proof!) Six years ago, after most of my long list of strange symptoms had developed, I was thoroughly assessed to rule out a neurological problem. I realized I should mention this so that no one will wonder if I am falsely blaming my thyroid gland for troubles that are really neurological. I had a good going-over, and my "wiring" checked out just fine.
I started reading the comments at this thread because--as I searched on the left-hand side of the screen for the link to the thyroid disorders website--a sidebar on the right-hand side with the word "vibrating" caught my eye. It is the weirdest feeling in the world, isn't it? My first experience of feeling that I was vibrating all over (but far from my last) was last March. Then I began to feel unwell. I had a years-long history of strange symptoms, but I began to develop a few new one last summer along with losing my energy and feeling of well-being. The situation reached a low point at the end of July with a very odd episode that included nausea, which is a rare experience for me.

The vibrating, the nausea, and a long, long list of other symptoms were signs that my hypothyroidism was asserting its presence after years of causing weird symptoms (many of them seeming "neurological") in a very sneaky way. Note that I said hypo (under-active thyroid gland) not hyper. It was easy for several highly competent physicians to overlook the possibility of a thyroid problem because not being endocrinologists, they did not realize the extent to which the boundaries of "normal" for a thyroid stimulating hormone (or TSH) levels have been revised. The highest my TSH level has been is 4.11, but I was impressively unwell at that level. They also did not realize that hypothyroidism can cause paradoxical (or contradictory) symptoms.

Any of you who are vibrating or who are having odd symptoms with a neurological overtone: If the source has not been clearly identified, then you might want to consider a one-time visit to an endocrinologist.
P.S. Just so you know: There are MANY symptoms that we members of the thyroid disorders forum recognize as thyroid-related that are not on any of the "symptoms of thyroid problems" lists you can find. Vibrating is one I have seen mentioned over and over by forum members, and more than one member has had what seemed to be a neurological symptom be diagnosed as thyroid-related. Do not think that because your symptoms do not fit any description you have read of thyroid gland problems (or endocrine system problems of other sorts), you do not need to see an endocrinologist. Maybe your symptoms have nothing to do with your endocrine system...but maybe they do, and I would not trust anyone but an endocrinologist to make that judgment.
Wow, I got this too!

Vibrating hand, though...it felt super wierd, and it felt weak too...

I also have had these wierd 5-15 second long feeling like blood rushing to my head...it is NOT normal....right?

It freaked me out, because that hand had just been X-Rayed...but this might be worse...
that's some weird stuff
I have experienced so much of what you all are describing.  I am a nurse and I have researched all of this for years.  I have tried numerous treatments for the vibrating/numbness/waking up with seizure like activity/poor sleep/bowel troubles/neck stiffness, pain, creeking and so on............

I have come to some conclusions and have made major changes in my life and thank the Lord God in heaven, I am better.  

I believe that Lyme plays a part.  Please have this checked by a real Lyme literate doc.  If it comes up negative, check it again more thoroughly.  I believe that other viruses and bacteria are involved as well.

My diet was horrible.  I took out gluten which really helped and now I am flour free.  I tried the BED on body ecology and that is helping alot.  Go to www.bodyecology.com.  I can not eat sugar.

Magnesium citrate helps my bowels to move and helps me sleep.  It helps my muscles as well.   I take Magnesium glycinate at times as well.  

I eat foods rich in potassium like spinach, swiss chard, brussel sprouts, broccoli, umpkin seeds and sunflower seeds (both raw) and so on.  I eat them daily and count my potassium content daily.  

I do trigger point work on myself as outlined in a book by Clair Davies.  My neck causes dizziness and off balance feelings.  

Sleep is a critical factor.  The less I get the worse I am.  You have to work on sleeping.  Magnesium helps me alot.  There is a magnesium called Natural Calm that might help.  I read the Bible before sleeping and I get on my knees and pray earnestly for the Lords help.  

I do take probiotics and make my own kefir.  I have had a diagnosis of Crohn's in the past but the symptoms of it are gone now.  I have also been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  It is better.  The most disturbing symptoms that I have had and still do occasionally are the seizure like things at night just when I am falling asleep and I contribute those to my neck.  Also, the dizzy type feelings and thinking I might lose consciousness.   I have learned to pray to God in heaven in the name of His son, Jesus for help.  I know that whatever He has intended to happen is going to happen and I need to calm down and trust Him.   I read my Bible daily and intend to obey.  I am not perfect.   I am doing all I know to do and praying for God to continue to bless it.  I sure hope this helps someone.  
I have this buzzing or vibrating feeling going on too, but it's not in my head or neck or back...it's in my rectum.  Please don't laugh.  This is really bothering me and I wonder if I am alone with this. I haven't said anything to my doctor and I would think this is crazy if I were her.  It occurs quite frequently on a daily basis for the past two weeks.

michele
I am 52 years old and have been having seizures and nightime vibrating and bedwetting since I had pneumonia two years ago. The seizures are atypical and do not show up on the one EEG I have had. I have been told they are pseudo seizures by two doctors but they do not resemble any pseudo seizures I have ever read about. They do have the symptoms of frontal lobe seizures. The vibrating at night is intense and shakes the bed like a freight train coming. In fact it is so hard it feels like it is outside my body and it has only been recently that I realised it is me. My husband told me.I have hand tremors, migraines, fybromalgia and degenerative disc disease as well as hypothyroidism. I do not have the personality type for pyschogenic illnesses but feel I cannot go to a doctor as they will dismiss me based on what my last doctor said. I am worried about the vibration because it is disrupting sleep immensely. I have restless legs and body at night and lots of jerking during sleep as well as the vibration. My sister has lupus and my mom dies of scleraderma. I have discoid rashes but my tests for lupus are negative. I need help.
WOW!  I can't believe I found this thread.  I have an underactive thyroid and have been on thyroid hormone for about 6 months.  For the first 4 months, I was feeling fantastic - it felt so good to feel "normal" again.  Now for the past two months my symptoms (dry brittle hair, dry skin, extreme fatigue, brain fog, etc.) returned but my endochrinologist says my TSH is still "normal" and to keep on my current dose.  Two weeks ago I started taking a pill and a half (I'm on the lowest dose of 25 mcg and the next dose up is 50 mcg so I guess with a pill and a half I am at 37 1/2 mcg) and my thyroid symptoms are improving (my hair and skin is normal again and most days I have energy to get through the day).  BUT, last week I noticed that my cell phone (that I wear on my waist) kept going off (it was on vibrate) but whenever I reached for it, I realized the vibration was coming from inside my abdomen and not from my phone.  This happened to me while standing up (either walking or standing still).  It has not happened to me while lying down like a lot of the other posters.  I will mention it to my endochrinologist at my next appointment.  I am posting because some of you think a thyroid disorder may be involved and I have that and the vibration.
Hi fellow vibrators.  I, too, have just developed strange symptoms of a vibration down my left side and leg.  Mild muscle spasms in my legs.  Weird pins and needles feeling all over my body.  I also have trouble opening my eyes in the morning.  That's what seems to have been my first symptom.  Very scary.  I think I've been mildly depressed for a few months and last month was under a LOT of stress worrying about my eye symptoms and dealing with a business trip at the same time.  I actually shook two nights in a row for about 30 seconds from anxiety or something.  I was put on Lexapro for depression, xanax for anxiety and my opthamologist recommened Kava Kava for my eyes.  That cocktail of stuff solved the eye problem the next day!  But then got strange involuntary movements of fingers and feet and this electrical feeling (which I think I've had before since I remember actually unplugging my electric blanket one night thinking a current was coming thru it).  My dr. said to go off all meds.  I am now one week off everything and still have the electrical feeling and pins and needles feeling.  But mostly at night.  I don't really notice it a lot during the day.  But when I lay on the couch to watch TV the feeling starts up.  So strange.  Several others have mentioned this nightime occurence.  So I have an MRI scheduled for Wednesday and am quite scared about it all.  This thread was actually quite comforting to read.  I don't feel so alone anymore.

PS:  One thing that I've done recently is to stop ingesting Aspartame.  My hairdresser told me that her Restless Leg Syndrome went away when she stopped.  Her sister's too.  I drink diet pop, flavored water and sweetener in my coffee.  All have Aspartame.  So I've stopped cold turkey.  I figure it can't hurt.  I'm also going to look into the chance that this is thyroid related.  I feel my neck kind of hurting and burning by my adam's apple.  But my doctor said my blood test came back normal.  Any suggestions on whether I should pursue the thyroid angle further since the blood test was normal?  But I feel burning right where my thyroid is.  

Good luck to everyone!  We're not alone!  Big hug!
This is so interesting that I I have found this board!  I have just started to have symptoms as well as muscle stiffness ( almost a year)a little vertigo and minor vision change. My vibration feels like when I am holding on to a stick shift in idle, although no visible tremors..  I do not have arthritis (confirmed ) and tested negative for Lyme. (although my New England friends are skeptical). I'm going to a neurologist tomorrow and I am very scared, since I have a history of Parkinsons on my mother's side and watched my aunt turn into a vegetable.  All of the many posts are encouraging that I am not crazy, but not very many offer any diagnosis that has been confirmed by a doctor.I'd like to see more from all of you. Thanks and good luck!
Well just wanted to share with you my experience with hypothyroidism. At a time when I was off medications and the TSH had risen to 78 my digestion became very weak and also I had strange tremors in my hands like I never had apart from other symptoms like acute depression and weight gain. It was not vibrating but it was shaking for example while brushing my teeth and it was almost without any energy to move after a few strokes of brushing. It scared the **** out of me when it first happened. I got back to my hypothyroidism medication and I recovered quickly from all the crappy symptoms. Thank God !!!
I would urge you guys also to get your TSH, FRee T3 and Free T4 levels tested. Also dont go by the usual normal levels ..the standards have been revised. Do some google and you can find a lot of info on some other boards.
..
My right thigh, on the right side, has had a vibrating sensation for about 3 weeks now. I describe it as like it feels like when your stomach growls when you are hungry. a vibrating sensation. It lasts for about 5-8 seconds, and happens every minute or so. It happens when I am am lying down, driving, walking, sitting...all of the time. Anyone else with this? It is starting to concern me. Thanks!
Hi all.  Just these past few days, I thought it was my cell phone vibrating my waist, hip and thigh area.  Instead it was the same sensation, without the phone!  Then last night the vibration sensation started soon as I lay down, and it's inside my right upper abdomen, lower chest area.  I got scared and thought it was actually a wheezing caused perhaps by pneumonia or something. It vibrates much like a cat purring, with each breath.  So I held my breath and found it happens every 5-10 seconds regardless of my breath and lasts about 3-5 seconds. Happily, it does not hurt, don't have abdominal discomfort, my lungs and chest all feel perfectly normal.  Except for the sensation of purring/vibrating like my cellphone INSIDE my upper right abdomen or lower right lung area.  What is it? Could it be intestinal bubbles and the rhythm caused by movement of intestines?  Help! It's scaring me.  BTW, I'm 48, female, in good health, take no medications, no other complaints.  Today, it has been happening most all day long and is happening now.  

I haven't read all the postings but Jane's caught my attention.  I have had this vibration like feeling since I was 16 years old.  I am now 45.  It starts when I am almost falling asleep, but usually when I'm taking a nap, not going to bed for the night.  I would describe the feeling as having a jackhammer in my body with a loud buzzing sound in my head.  I have found that I can will myself out of this state by forcing my eyes open.  However, over the years I have let the feeling take over and have found it progresses to a feeling of slipping out of my body and travelling at tremendous speed.  Sometimes I travel up, sideways, straight out through my feet....etc.  I rarely get this sensation anymore, but I have gone a different direction with my research and have actually entertained the idea that I am leaving my body!  There are numerous books on this "feeling" a few by Robert A. Monroe "Journeys Out of The Body".  Let me say that this could be the case for some of you, especially if you can will yourself out of the feeling.  I hope you won't think I'm crazy, but after being alone with this for so many years, and finally finding a book that describes it to a "T", it seems like a very interesting and wonderful explanation.  
I just want to thank you for your PERFECT explanation of the vibrations in your head.. Now i have something to take to my doctor..for years I have been trying to come up with a way to explain my symtoms.. I have been told they are hormonal surges / hormonal migrains due to stress.. I was getting them for the last 4 years at least exactly 5 days before my period.. I know this because I am very in tuned with my body.  I had an  MRI in 1999 for dizziness from stress and I figure Im not dead yet so It cant be anything serious and it must be hormonal since it happens around my period.  My doctor gave me xanax (zanax) and told me to take it for the 5 days before my period to relax my muscle and stress levels that may induce these surges/ vibrations in my head.. I didnt have an episode by doing this for the last 4 months.. .BUt this month I forgot cause i wasnt really stressed and the other day i had a huge fight iwth my husband on the cell phone on the way to school and I had my period. the fight was about 8:30 and while i was in englis class around 11:20 am I had the vibration in my head exactly as you described it.   I really think it is both stress and hormonal and neck.. I also remmeber going to the chiropractor at one point and it never happened..anyway, I just wanted to say thnks cause Im taking your explanation to my Dr. and Im going to get all the pertinent tests done to rule out tumors in the brain..sezisure (sp?) and anthing else and if it comes back fine.. I guess I will have to deal with this ****.. if you have any further advise can you please contact me at my email address.. at ***@**** have really been a great help to me.. YOu actually gave me some peace of mind.. WELL..untill the next episode..lol

THank you soooooooooo much

Tina
Also, I do feel this throbbing in the spine. I think it's kundalini as this started after I met some people with knowledge of new age, that's how I got the idea, and than i saw the signs.
I'm a healthy person and I had done different checks because of these signs which I associated with kundalini. I still have these sensations or vibrations on spine and my sleep pattern is changed. Different people say different things on this but many people go through this.
For more information you can check out the signs here:
http://www.domin8rex.com/serpent/spirit/k.htm
http://www.kundalini-teacher.com/awakening/serpent.html
http://www.mudrashram.com/kundaliniemergencies.html
http://kundalini.se/eng/symptoms.html
http://www.visionandpsychosis.net/Schizophrenia_Cause.htm
http://www.kundalini-teacher.com/awakening/shamn.html
http://www.healingtaobritain.com/p67magazinequestforspiritualorgasm.htm
Yoga, meditation, stress or drugs can trigger the raise of kundalini, as i found out after I researched.
THis vibrations i can feel  in the night and I'm trying to make my sleep as before as I used to have a perfect sleep pattern which is now ruined, also the dreams are unusual, and there are some ESP dreams too.
IF you have a better answer I'm open.
I also have had this vibrating, buzzing feeling.  After being treated for hypothyroidism, those sypmtoms almost went away.  I am not symptom free at all, but the vibrating feeling is gone and I had this feeling for over 2 years.  I was healthy until about 35, then the vibrating, buzzing feeling was one of my first symptoms along with fatigue.  Then I started having vertigo for about a year.  That is gone, but now I am left with disequalibrium and can't ride a bike, roller blade, etc.  I have no balance and sometimes run into walls.  I have headaches a lot and a general ill feeling.  I have abnormal blood tests that hint towards a connective tissue disease, but nothing specific.  So, all I can say about this vibrating, buzzing feeling (based on my experience) is that it may be the start of a disease process.  I'm not sure why doctor's like to ignore this symptom, however, I'm not sure if they are really ignoring it, because I have been tested for everything, but they just don't say anything specific about those symptoms.  
About a week and a half ago I was standing at the kitchen sink and noticed that the floor was vibrating! Some further dancing around proved that the floor was only vibrating under my left foot! I immediately went to sit down, and at intervals of about 1 minute (I've borrowed a stopwatch to time the intervals - will do this tonight), there is a pronounced vibrating or buzzing in the ball of my left foot for a steady 3-4 seconds. This no matter the position of my leg and foot or the time of the day. It is a steady occurrence.

There is no pain or weakness associated with this new little quirk. I tried to get my husband to put his hand on my foot to see if he could detect the vibration - but I could tell he was only humoring me and thought I was being "eccentric"....I'm southern and that is a euphemism for "crazy".

I haven't been to a doctor referencing this problem, as I don't go to doctors unless strapped to a stretcher.

I have no health problems, and take no drugs...I hate to even take an aspirin. I do smoke and drink coffee (lots).

I did have a problem about 6 months ago where my vision was blurred and I was dizzy
I am experiencing something very similar and honestly I am scared to death to find out what could be wrong with me.  About three weeks ago I started experiencing tingly sensations in my left leg and also feelings of a vibration running up and down the leg.  They would come and go and seem to be less frequent at night when I am sleeping.  So far it hasn't been painful just very concerning as this has never happened before.  After about a week the feelings started happening in my right leg as well.  I have also been very tired and saw my primary doctor.  All lab work has come back normal and after seeing a neurologist I am scheduled for an MRI.  I am so scared and would love to hear from anyone with similar problems and what their results were.
I am starting to think a lot of my problems with vibrating is stress/anxiety.  I notice it less and less lately as I try to de-stress my life.  I've cut out caffeine and severely restricted my sugar intake.  It is amazing to me how much of our health issues can be linked back to stress.  At least I'm starting to think that is the case for me.   I'm going to go to a neurologist next month just to set my mind at ease.  But I find that most of the time my regular doctor says my symptoms are stress related.  Kind of feel foolish then, but the worry of the symptoms takes over and I need answers from a doctor.  Good luck everyone.
3 years ago at age 46 I was diagnosed with mono and underactive thyroid at the same time. The Dr. said she was surprised I didn't crawl in to see her. To this day the constant fatigue has not gone away. I have some days better than others, but there have been only a handful of days when I felt normal. At the same time, my vision has decreased and started wearing reading glasses, (although this may be normal for my age and just a coincidence). 4 months ago my head started buzzing during my waking up stage of sleep. Very strange feeling because it is very rythmical. Long buzz of maybe 20 seconds and then it stops for a split second and then 20 more seconds...etc. Once I fully wake up it is not noticable, but I still feel like it is there because something has my brain functions are very groggy throughout the day. Having a hard time getting through work on many days. This symptom is vbery consistant. Mild excercise seems to help with the fatigue, but if I over exert myself it makes things much worse. Sleep is critical, yet I can sleep 10 hours without disruption and still wake up feeling fatigued and unrested. I drink one to two diet cokes a day and one to two decaf mocha's. I am going to stop both for a month and see what happens. Recently I have made a major effort to increase fruits and vegetables. I also started taking B vitamins and vitamin C.
I recently started going to a licensed massage therapist that is treating me with Cranial Sacral Massage. A very different and wonderful technique that helps my cronic fatigue, groggy brain, vision and vibrating. Although it seems to only offer temporary relief at this point, she feels she can cure these symptoms given enough time. It has to do with facilitating the flow of spinal fluid throughout the body. Look it up and definately try it from a qualified therapist. I had an MRI of my brain and it was "normal". I am seeing a neurologist in a couple of weeks, but after reading these posts, I am not expecting any break through answers. My best to you all. I think I'll buzz off now. ~
I am a 36 yrs old male. I also have the vibrating in my head.  I had it happened to me 2-3 times now.  It always happens when I am sleeping and I always wake up from it.  I first thought it is an earthquake (I live in So. CA).  I can totally function but everything is shaking, especially in my head and eyes.  It usually last 20 secs or so.  I also experience veritgo 2-3 times when I am laying down.

After reading all these postings, I will a doctor appointment.  Thanks!  
The first time I felt the viberation in my whole body, I was sleeping on my couch.  My family was gone on a fishing trip and I was all alone.  I was awakened having the viberations. They were so strong I couldnt move any part of my body. I thought I was being possessed or something. I was terrified.  The viberation lasted I know 30 mins. It would start at my feet and quickly move all the way to my head. It does this over and over .  This has been going on for yrs.  I have had it to happen to me during the day doing my normal routine. I just have to sit down and wait for it to quit.  I have gotten to where it happens now during the night and I try to wake my husband to let him see if he notices anything, but i cant move or talk.  And now when it quits, Im so wore out I just fall back to sleep and so exhausted. When I wake back up, I have a little of memory it.  The weirdest thing is I can feel it comming on and cant control it .  I wish some Doctor had the answers to this weird happening. But for now I am so glad I found that I'm not alone. When in the past talking to co workers, family and friends no one else had this problem. And I to talked it with my Family Doctor. And he had never heard such. If anyone has had help controlling this by a doctor please email me. at ***@****
Hi Tinabina

I am glad you got my explanation, I wish the doctors would.  They just look at me and nod not so sympathetically.  Anyway what you say about your period cycle is very interesting so you have also given me cause for hope.  I was beginning to wonder if just before my period I was getting these head thingys.  In the last few years I have got a migraine the day before my period, like clockwork, it tells me what to expect.  But I wonder if this feeling is hormonal, or related to the migraine and the blood vessels in the head?  Very interesting indeed and something I will talk to my Doc about.  I will receive results of an MRI Brain scan tomorrow, don't expect it to shed any light because I have been waiting for these results for two months and my GP had to chase them up.  But whilst talking to my GP she said she didn't think it sounded like Vertigo, because I got some numbness in my mouth after a really bad head shake.  However I don't know if that was panic or not.   Not to be nosey but I wondered what age you are, because if these are hormonal episodes would it mean we are premenopause, I find this hard to believe as I am only 38, ( Okay only is too strong a word) but you know what I mean, I am not expecting menopause for another decade yet, my Mum was 51 when she started.

J
I get a sensation of vibrating in my inner hip area...so youre not alone...
Since last Saturday I've had a vibrating/buzzing in the ball of my right foot on a constant basis. It runs a bit slower than my actual heart rate, and is more pronounced when I'm sitting or laying down. When I'm walking around it's not as noticeable.

I see a rheumatologist on a regular basis for MCTD (mixed connective tissue disease) but this is a first and I doubt it has anything to do with the immune problem I have, but I will definitely be bringing it up to him in August.

It's driving my crazy, like my foot is purring! Once in a while I feel it in my calf or thigh but its origin is in the ball of the foot.

Hope you find a resolution - if so, please let us know. If I find out anything I'll post back here.

Blessings,
usamom
Okay for the past two and a half weeks I've been feeling really strange. I don't know if it's from stress or not seeing as I had diploma exams to write. I've been experiencing the same VIBRATING feelings in my head. It's exactly the same feeling  I feel when I'm sitting in a vibrating/massage chair... only on the right side of my head. ALSO, the inside of my left ear has been feeling really itchy/odd... and I've also been feeling more CAR SICK... the feeling I would get if I were reading a book on the bus... only I'm NOT READING, I'm just sitting.

Anyone have any advice?
I have also experienced this strange vibration in my left foot, primarily the heel. It used to pulse, now occurs only when I walk on it. (It sort of feels like a wet gym shoe). It has been happening for almost a year now. I also feel wobbly sometimes--like a drunk feeling--like I've had a few.

I'm a 47 yo male in perfect health, and it is not likely that I could have diabetes or stoke, or anything that could cause neuropathy. I saw a neurologist and he did the basic workup, including the vibration sensation test with the tuning fork. It is so ironic that the sensation of the tuning fork describes exactly the feeling I am getting in my left foot!

Apparently there is a growing chorus of people out there that are getting these sensations, but doctors still have no idea what causes this. I have decided to forgo all the EXPENSIVE tests, as my research has indicated that most people that get MRIs to attempt to diagnose this ailment come back negative almost 100% of the time.

Since this is not debilitating, I will play the fatalist for now and live my life as though normal until I can get some definitive answers.

This is so strange!!

I too have had the "cat purring in my chest" syndrome for a few years now. It drives me crazy, but at least I am feeling better after having read some of your posts and finding that many of you have had scans, only to find no serious underlying disease.

It is interesting that doctors seem to be hearing more about this recently.

Would any of you be interested in making a more concerted effort to organize ourselves, form a real group, maybe on yahoogroups, for example, (a place where we could post details about ourselves, which might actually lead to some conclusions, not just voice our symptoms).

That way we could find out, for example if this syndrome is concentrated in certain parts of the country, many different countries, etc. Mabye actually form a methodology for more scientifically tracking our lifestyles, and maybe figure out by ourselves, or in conjunction with some doctors, exactly what is going on here!

I belong to a (please don't roll your eyes) Feline Diabetes website and the work that these people have done is nothing short of miraculous. They have organized their data, have helpful documents posted to form a type of reference library, etc. If you would like to take a look, the website is www.felinediabetes.com .

If anyone out there is more computer literate than I and would like to undertake forming a group, www.yahoogroups.com is a great place to form a group.

I am eager to hear from you!    

karmenpost @ mchsi.com  (spaces left intentionaly, please delete spaces if you would like to email me directly)

~Karmen Post

A related discussion, Vibrating sensation throughout my body!?! was started.
A related discussion, My body use to vibrate from head to toe. was started.
This has bein goin on for awhile in other parts of body just started in the lower stomach area an its startin to kina bother me cause i dont no wat it could b just glad to no im not alone an people makin u feel crazy   
A related discussion, I am vibrating too was started.
A related discussion, Vibrating in my head and sometimes body was started.
A related discussion, vibration(purring cat feeling) was started.
A related discussion, Internal Vibration was started.
A related discussion, Vibrations was started.
A related discussion, Vibration all over my body was started.