Neurology Expert Forum
Femoral nerve damage following surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Femoral nerve damage following surgery

: : : Following emergency surgery for a ruptured appendix and a very complicated post-op course which included the placement of abdominal drains and renal dialysis ,I am left with a complete paralysis of may left quadracept muscle. I cannot move my leg at all.
  : : : I would like to know the differential diagnosis,the frequency,and the proper procedures for evaluating this kind of injury.
  : : : If anyone would care to hazard a prognosis on the limited information available,I would like to know what the odds are that I will regain use of my leg. It has been two months since the operation. Thank you for your time
  : :

_