Fevrial seizeire and Epilepsy
My seven years daughter had a feverial convulsion at the age of 12 month. later on we took extra care whenever she got fever. She was fine. But at the age of 7yrs and 1 month she got 2nd convulsion. This time again it happened while she got a high fever.
Anyway, My daughter can understand, can speak and her movement is quite ok. But she is a bit late to arrange sentences while she talk. We went to a neurologist and she advice  EEG. Doctor find some irregularities in her brain. But is that the only reason by which we could say say she has epilepsy. Or we should go for some other investigation and confirm. Note that she never had any seizure except High fever.
Need advice.
thank you.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

For seizure activity, only an EEG (electroencephalogram) can help confirm this and this is done under the guidance of a neurologist. She could have had febrile seizures. But this is more common below five years of age. Since there are irregularities in the brain, this could be the reason for her later seizure activity. It could also be due to a familial occurrence. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.