Fiance had Seizure after getting Fentanyl while taking Tremadol
Hello, I'm just trying to understand better, as none of the Doctors seem to be able to tell us anything.

My fiance went in for a procedure to get a shot in her neck, (cortizone shot I think?) She was scared so they put her under, with We believe Fentanyl. They told her to stop all medication except her Tramadol.

After she came out of the anesthesia (Supposably) Were told she went into a Seizure and they called an ambulance. She continued to have several more on the way, and at the ER. She spent a few days in the hospital and is now doing better.

All the doctors have told us so far is that it could potentially be an interaction between the Fentanyl and Tramadol, and that she had quite a lack of oxygen which was the main cause.

They cant seem to answer what really happened, or if the facility was doing what they were supposed to. We're just trying to figure out if they should of told her to continue taking the tramadol knowing they were going to use fentanyl, and if its possible they really monitored her oxygen. IF they were, could this of happened?

Ive done lots of searching, Ive asked every doctor we've spoken to, and no one can really tell us.

thank you for any advice, I realize anything said here is simply personal opinion and should not be taken as final say.. but I would gladly take some personal opinion just to get us in the right direction. We dont know if they simply screwed up, or if this may happen again.

Hi there!

Well, without knowing the relevant clinical details or the exact sequence of events it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. The seizure episodes could have been an idiosyncratic reaction  to medications, electrolyte imbalance, low blood sugar, low oxygen etc. It is unlikely for there been an error in monitoring in a hospital setting. It would be best to discuss this in detail with the concerned anaesthesiologist.
Hope the information is helpful.

Take care!