Fibromyalgia & White Matter Condition of The Brain
I'm posting this question about what I'm going through now. I'm currently a member of the US Air Force with 19 years in and awaiting retirement. In a matter of fact, what I'm going through is the main reason why I'm seeking retirement due to the many changes the Air Force is making regarding their physical fitness program. I had been diagnoised with White Matter Condition of the Brain since 2003. It all started when performing duties after 9-11 time when I accidently bump my head against a jet which I was working on. Nevertheless, stun but still conscious, I was wheeled in the emergency room at my previous base where I undergone a CAT scan. Eventually I was feeling a little bit better when I overheard the emergency room docs about an open MRI. At first I thought they were talking about the other patients who were lying in their surrounding beds, but it turn out to be me. They explained that I did not have a concussion, but I have something else that they can't explain. When they told me it was called "White Matter Condition of the Brain," I was immediately scheduled for an open MRI and to have those images shown to my primary care provider who couldn't make heads or tails about the pictures, but it was serious enough to refer me to the base neurologist. After a couple of brain scans, battery of coordination and memory tests, and the dreaded lumbar puncture (spinal tap), nothing could not be found except a positive reaction to an retrovirus in my bloodwork that could be causing this condition. This neurologist thinks I should be dead or having one of the many neurological dieseases. Throughout the years, I had been referred to two other base hospital in which the neurologists could find out much about what I have either. At least one of them theorized that I may have one of these family of neurological dieseases called leukiodystrophies, particularly the adult form of adrenoleukiodystrophy. Finally I had the top referral to University of Kentucky to that neurologist only for him not finding the answers either. Throughout the years, I had been experiencing some physical changes such as weakness in the legs to the point I can't no longer run, and it's becoming more difficult to do some exercises whenever I do them with my unit. For a while, it was diagnosed as arthritis, but now I recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. After doing a lot of reseach on many web sites to include this site, I'm thinking that there maybe a link between fibromyalgia and white matter condition of the brain which kind of connecting all of the sudden. Besides the the muscle weakness, I have beeen experiencing some headaches that have been increasing in intensity as of late to the the point that I could feel a tug on the left side of my face to have me thinking if I could be suffering from a stroke. I also suffer from sleep apena (most likely resulting from fibromyalgia) and anemia. Not to mention, I'm almost always in constant pain despite taking medication (prescribed and over-the-counter) to curb of some of the pain temporarily. All of this threatens my Air Force career because of the now strict PT standards the Air Force have adopted. My superiors don't believe me to much, but my conditions are so real and true. I wanted to pose this to you to see if there's a connection between fibromyalgia and white matter condition of the brain and to determine if I may come up with something like one of the leukiodystrophies or MS. I will still continue my part to find that connection so that I could find some answers. Thank you for posting my lenghty question.
Thank you for your question. Although without being able to placing your findings in context with clinical features and the results of other investigation such as hematological, MRI, I can not offer the specific advice & treatment you need. However, I will try to provide you some relevant information about your health concern.

There can be many possibilities in your case that involve the brain white matter, either exclusively or in combination with grey matter changes. These include metabolism errors, exogenous toxins released by virus, autoimmune disease, leukodystrophy, demyelination, and radiation effects. Spasticity, muscle weakness, paralysis, hyper-reflexia and movement disorder may be the clinical features associated with white matter disease that need to be evaluated thoroughly. However, it is sad to say that there is no permanent cure but conservative treatment & physiotherapy exercises that would help you to regain your normal function and stopping the further progression of the disease. Please consult a neurologist in this regards. Hope this helps.
Seems like no one has any advice for this :(