Neurology Expert Forum
Fibromyalgia and twitching,jerking,seizures?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Fibromyalgia and twitching,jerking,seizures?

I have a appointment with my M.D. on monday and was told to go to the E.R. if this happens again before monday.  I was dx'd 2 years ago with fms. 2 months ago with cfids and restless leg syndrome, in the past I've had numbness in legs,hand,feet. Twitching and jerking started about 3 months ago, I also "lose" time. Today I felt odd all over, extra warm,slightly upset stomache my head felt odd, like it had a tightness around it and I stopped at gas station, a few moments later, I looked  up and was very confused, I kept reading a sign backwards or scrambled that was in front of me which confused me more. I looked around and it all came back to me where I was and why I pulled into the station!  Several minutes had lasped. I looked at the sign again and was able to read it correctly. My neck also jerks alot before I go to sleep. I walk into doorways and things, lose my balance alot lately and my hearing seems to be impaired lately! I've been saying things backwards and transposing letters and numbers also. In other words, I'm a mess!!!!!!
================================================================================
There are a number of  possibilities which spring to mind which could explain your problems but unfortunately none are easy to prove without elaborate testing. One possibility is that this is a manifestation of stress another is  you might be having complex partial, seizures which cause alterations in conciousness and depending on the part of the brain involved this could be followed by speech , language and reading problems. The siezures could only be rproved as a source of your problems if you had enEEG runnimg simultaneously while this episode was occurring, this usually requires a number of days admission to an eiplepsy monitoring unit in order to capture such an event. The chances of a diagnosis being made in an ER even during an acute event are quite low.
A routine EEG would probably be a good starting point in investigating these events.