Neurology Expert Forum
Fibromylgia/Hypothyroidism/Bodytremors/twitching
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Fibromylgia/Hypothyroidism/Bodytremors/twitching

Re: Fibromylgia/Hypothyroidism/Bodytremors/twitching

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Neurology Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by CCF Neuro MD on July 01, 1997 at 22:36:16:

In Reply to: Fibromylgia/Hypothyroidism/Bodytremors/twitching posted by Barbara Cashon on June 19, 1997 at 13:30:57:
  I have been diagnosed with Fibromylgia and possible hypothyroidism.  I experience finger and eye twitching, body jerking at night and involuntary movement of my large muscles. I also clear my throat alot.  Is there a corelation between these symmptoms?  Is there a treatment or meds to lesson the twitching and tremors?  My EMG came back normal.  I have been battling this situation for nearly 5 years, starting with TMJ and headaches. I had a hysterectomy, and treated for irritable bowel syndrom, neither was necessary.  Is there a chat group or support group?  I would sure appreciate some input.  Sincerely: Barbara Cashon
==========================================================
Hello, Barbara,
  To the best of my knowledge, there is no direct association between fibromylgia and twitching/jerking movements.  However, as you may know, the pathologic basis of fibromylgia remains obscure.  This makes the diagnosis a clinical one.  Nevertheless, muscle pain, triggered by exposure to cold, dampness, or minor trauma, usually is the main complain.  Very often this condition presents itself as a chronic pain syndrome.  Therefore, pain control remains the mainstream of the management.  In addition, well balanced mental state and good sleep hygiene have been recognized as helpful adjunct therapies.
  I am not aware of any organization as a specific support group, but The Cleveland Clinic Foundation has a well recognized center that specilizes in headache.  You are welcome to visit our headache center at your convenience.  The number to call for appointment is (800)223-2273 ext.45665 or local (216)444-5665.
This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your primary physician for the diagnostic and treatment options of your medical conditions.

Discussion is closed
Cancel
0 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now